Ocado Group is a technology-led, global, software and robotics platform business, with a strong retail heritage. Ocado has been at the forefront of innovation in the online grocery industry since it was founded in 2000. Its retail business, Ocado.com, is one of the world’s largest online-only supermarkets with over £1.6bn annual revenue and over 795,000 active customers.
Customers can shop from a huge range of products on award-winning web and mobile apps, and then enjoy convenient delivery options with world-leading order accuracy and reliability. Unlike traditional supermarkets with their large chain superstores, Ocado’s unique business model relies upon an ecosystem of solutions to serve both a wide range of customer missions and geographies. The centralised ‘hub and spoke’ network of production and distribution, is the core of our solution, with orders prepared in huge, highly automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFC), two of which have now started construction in Australia.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for our corporate international partnerships, offering the proprietary Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado’s physical automation, allowing highly efficient preparation of orders, together with the full end-to-end software applications required to operate a world class online grocery business, bringing the best possible operational economics, consumer experience and service to our partners. We have signed agreements to provide our unique e-commerce solution to a number of the world’s largest grocers, including Coles (Australia), AEON (Japan), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA (Sweden) and Kroger (USA), joining our UK partner Morrisons and the Ocado/M&S joint venture. 50+ Customer Fulfilment centres (CFCs) are already committed across our various partners.
We continue to invest significantly in our technology and people in order to deliver for current clients and to forge exciting new partnerships.
About the Role
We are looking for highly capable candidates for the role of Partnership Manager who will facilitate effective cross-functional implementation and ongoing business development opportunities with our client Coles. This is an amazing opportunity for a candidate with a strategy consulting background who is looking to build relationships using data and interpersonal skills to drive our successful partnership with Coles.
In this role you work closely with a client to enhance and develop the relationship, and ensure that the partnership is a commercial success for both parties.
The Partnership Manager will be responsible for overall management of the Coles relationship including:
- Day to day relationship management and responsible for the ways-of-working
- Program governance meetings
- Responsibility for the P&L, inc. profitability (monitoring, understanding and challenging cost)
- Liaising and coordinating with OSP teams and ensuring Coles are effectively represented
- Being the primary contact point for Coles for any ‘unowned’ challenges and escalation point
- Monitoring SLA’s and programme performance
On the Partner facing side you will be the “face” of Ocado responsible for communicating on all aspects of the relationship. Internally you will be a "partner advocate”, ensuring that the needs of both Coles and Ocado are appropriately met.
The Partnership Manager will have overall responsibility for the commercial success of our partnerships. This will entail some direct responsibilities but will primarily entail ensuring that the right resources across in place thoughout Ocado to ensure our partners’ success (whether these resources are in Product Solutions, Development, Implementation, Client Services or Support Functions)
The Partnership Manager will have responsibility for the continued commercial development of the relationship with the Partner, and any other commercial renegotiations required
In addition they will be responsible for handling day-to-day enquiries and arrangements and empowered to manage and make their own decisions.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Business Analysis experience ( business cases , financial modelling, commercial awareness)
- Degree qualified, in a numerate / analytical discipline or demonstrable experience
- Excellent stakeholder , relationship building and networking skills
- Experience in facilitating multiple work streams simultaneously
- Excellent team player, able to bring different skills and personalities together in a cohesive and productive way
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong presentation skills - both preparation and delivery
- Proven experience in problem solving and issue resolution
- Experience gained from a fast-paced online retail or management consultancy environment
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.