Within Ocado Group sits Ocado Logistics, the team that makes sure our customers receive their orders on time and in full. Ocado Logistics spans the life cycle of a customer order, from our Supply Chain Team who order the product into our Fulfilment Centres, to the Planning Team who make sure we have the right people, trucks and vans in the right place at the right time, to our Warehouse and Transport staff who process every single order and make sure that it gets to our customers when they expect it.
As our Senior Logistics Project Manager, you’ll take responsibility for a team of Logistics Project Managers tasked with maintaining and delivering a portfolio of projects across one or many UK Customer Fulfillment Centres.
What will you be doing?
- Delivery of a portfolio of projects to budget, programme and specification
- Resource management and allocation of resources to projects
- Line management of Business Project Managers (4-6)
- Project progress reporting to the business and senior management
- Ensure standards and methodology are maintained
- Drive delivery of project(s) ensuring deliverables/outcomes deliver the project objectives, tracking progress, identifying and mitigating risks, providing project updates, managing budget and stakeholders
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of new and exciting projects that will develop our logistics platform.
- Work with other departments to identify projects that are required in order to keep pace with business aspirations regarding capacity and range growth
- The SBPM will manage site productivity improvements and resiliency projects within the operation. These objectives will be delivered through both capital projects and business process improvements.
- Creating and reviewing business cases, project budgets and assume accountability for the budget and business case through to benefit realisation and project closure.
- Will liaise with the Operations General Managers and other key stakeholders.
- Report directly to the Senior Implementation Manager, other senior management and occasionally to Board level.
- Will also need a flexible approach as projects can be across the business and in various locations, other than your normal location, and when the project/business needs different work patterns including shifts, nights, weekends, etc.
Ideally you’ll be
- An experienced Project Manager with a track record of managing multi - disciplined complex projects
- General Management experience (line Manager)
- Able to forecast and manage resource requirements
- Analytical with strong numeracy and analysis skills.
- Able to collect and interpret the correct data to establish current performance and KPI baselines
- A high calibre candidate with a significant track record of design, delivery and analysis of end to end projects using formal project management methodology and with the ability to “do” as well as track and plan
- Able to identify, validate and select the correct course of action and prioritise potential issues, risks or opportunities
- Excellent with communication and relationship management skills which convey gravitas and inspires confidence in a manner that is inclusive and collaborative with the ability to influence in a confident, confidential and diplomatic manner with all stakeholders, including senior internal and external decision makers
- Able to clearly articulate the business requirements, goals, project scope, and develop high-level project timelines into detailed programmes
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground-breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme