Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The PMO stream sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department, and is accountable for ensuring that the company’s standards are established, upheld and clearly defined throughout the programme lifecycle. As the business has grown at an incredible rate, this team is essential in ensuring projects are controlled, assured and supported throughout their full life cycles - these projects ranging from design, build, construction, technology integration to testing, on an international scale.
We are looking for a PMO Lead to join the team, taking responsibility for establishing a currently immature PMO function, setting up process and best practice, implementing tools and training, risk management and influencing the strategic direction of project/programme delivery. Essentially, the PMO Lead is writing the rule book for how PI delivers projects, and ensures frameworks, tools, governance, assurance and risk management activities are adopted and robust for continued future growth, slowly taking the function from acting as a supportive to a controlling PMO.
This particular role requires a subject matter expert in risk management - providing risk management expertise to our UK/international CFC implementation projects. Experience deploying new project risk management strategy, process, tools and standards is essential, as well as the ability to drive improvements in risk management maturity across projects, and strong influencing and communication skills to change mindsets among a large group of senior stakeholders.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but some UK/international travel may be required. We're also happy to talk flexible working with you.
What will you be doing?
- Deployment of new project risk management strategy, process, tools and standards
- Driving an improvement in risk management maturity across projects
- Implementing risk management standards and processes
- Monitoring, auditing and reporting risk compliance and quality
- Providing support, coaching and mentoring on project risk management across the department
- Driving risk management standards across Platform Implementation
- Delivering risk management training
- Conducting project health checks
- Facilitating lessons learned
- Driving adoption of our PMI framework and methodology across internal and external projects
- Updating & managing the governance framework for the Programme
- Leading the governance process for forums, i.e. Project Board, Programme Board and Executive Committee
- Regular project analysis, data and portfolio reporting
- Extensive experience setting up PMOs and working within large scale construction/build/infrastructure programmes
- Experience working in a PMO, central planning or governance function, including relevant qualifications (ie APMP Level D/Prince II)
- Demonstrable professional project & programme risk management experience
- Expertise in using defined programme and project delivery processes consistently over time
- Sound interpersonal skills to interact and build relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence, challenge and change mindsets
- Extensive experience within a fast-paced, highly pressurised office environment
- Excellent numeric and Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Problem-solving and continuous improvement approach
- Proactive, innovative, self-motivated and results-driven attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Desire and passion to collaborate with others towards a shared goal
- A*-C GCSE (or Equivalent) in English & Maths
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…