Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We are looking for a Platform Implementation Project Manager (PIPM) to join our Programme Management function. This role takes full ownership and accountability for large scale end-to-end projects, supporting both our retail partners as well as internal project delivery teams.
The PIPM takes a leading role on the project they are assigned to, needing to be external client/internal stakeholder-facing, alongside having budget, people management and decision-making responsibilities with leadership qualities to drive each stage of their project with various internal teams. The PIPM is the ‘voice of the project’ and must be adept at dealing with challenges, risk/issue management, reporting, as well as being instrumental in driving our company culture and values (we’re in it together, we’re proud of what we do, we can be even better) within the team.
As a PIPM the type of projects you could be accountable for vary, depending on the business need at the time - from leading an end-to-end CFC build for one of our clients, to working on new and innovative solutions or technology projects across our growing number of sites, or even working alongside multiple other project teams developing central process improvements and rolling out exciting new developments across the global portfolio. As Ocado Group continues to change the way the world shops, our core project delivery team needs to remain flexible to rise to the evolving challenges.
This role is based at our Hatfield head office, however regular travel (in the UK/internationally) should be expected as per project requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Leading end-to-end business critical projects, for example:
- Leading an end-to-end CFC build for one of our retail partners in the UK/internationally
- Developing new and innovative solutions or technology projects across our growing number of sites
- Working alongside multiple other project teams to develop central process improvements and rolling out exciting new developments across the global portfolio
- Creating, managing and monitoring large scale budget, programme and specifications for a project
- Liaising with and driving multiple internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Direct and indirect people management
- Maintaining and monitoring progress of the project against Ocado’s standard project methodology
- Coordinating risks and issues within the project with regular reporting, and escalation to senior management when required
- Monitoring lessons learnt with a continuous improvement approach
- Driving the pioneering and innovative environment for the team
- Extensive customer-facing project & programme management experience
- Demonstrable experience working on large scale, CAPEX projects (ideally within engineering/logistics/manufacturing/construction/technology)
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Effective communication and presentation skills at all levels of the business
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times, providing leadership and motivation to the team
- Proactivity to maintain good working relationships, both internally & externally
- Ability to plan & prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…