Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
The manufacturing development team is responsible for the smooth transition of Ocado’s engineering systems, developed by our Product Development team, into manufacture. Once successfully in manufacture the product will be handed over to Ocado’s Engineering Supply Chain team, who manage ongoing manufacture.
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer’s role is to put in place the appropriate quality frameworks with suppliers including system and component testing, operating procedures and quality plans to allow this hand over to be successful.
They will identify, investigate and address manufacturing quality issues during the product’s pre-production stage. Clearly documenting and communicating these during handover.
The Manufacturing Quality engineers will also when requested support the Engineering Supply Chain team in the selection of component and system suppliers.
Would suit someone with a combination of Production Engineering and Mass Manufacturing experience.
What will you be doing?
- Identify and implement best practices both internally and with suppliers.
- Identify key critical parameters to be monitored at the manufactures site and agree test and reporting methods with suppliers.
- Ensure that the suppliers test capability is at an acceptable level, including process such as measurement systems analysis where appropriate.
- Manage the creation and implementation of process capability charts and reports.
- Identify key statistical process controls (SPC) parameters and work with suppliers to ensure adequate monitoring and reporting.
- In conjunction with the other engineering and product quality ensure that any manufacturing issues identified in pre-production trials have been addressed.
- Actively participate in the Patent process for Ocado Engineering.
- Place and verify supplier quality frameworks
- An engineering / science qualification.
- Experience in design for manufacture and manufacturing quality in areas such as industrial equipment, instrumentation, high volume manufacture or FMCG.
- Experience in value engineering.
- Experience in continuous process improvement.
- Experience of process capability, statistical process controls (SPC) and critical parameter management.
- Applies quality tools: FMEA; FAST; Critical Parameters; 6 Sigma.
- Demonstrates awareness and application of analytical tools to aid the manufacturing process.
- Ability to build relationships from shop floor to management level, identify and clearly communicate key information and tailor the communication for the audience.
- Prioritise issues, communicate reasoning and negotiate for resources when needed.
- Both technical and commercial awareness.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……