Within Ocado Group sits Ocado Logistics, the team that makes sure our customers receive their orders on time and in full. Ocado Logistics spans the life cycle of a customer order, from our Supply Chain Team who order the product into our Fulfilment Centres, to the Planning Team who make sure we have the right people, trucks and vans in the right place at the right time, to our Warehouse and Transport staff who process every single order and make sure that it gets to our customers when they expect it.
Our Logistics Projects team consists of Project Managers with different areas of expertise and experience, who work primarily on projects centred around Spoke Delivery & Spoke Improvements. Our Project Managers help us to continue to deliver significant year on year growth within the delivery network. Projects vary from design and implementation of new Spokes aiding additional delivery capacity, and testing new geography, to expansion projects at live sites, using new design efficiencies to optimise output from our existing delivery network. As well as delivery of infrastructure projects to support new fleet technology developments.
As a Logistics Project Manager you will assume responsibility for and maintain, a portfolio of projects across one or many UK Service Delivery Spokes. The role may also include external customer stakeholder management.
This role will be based at our Head Office in Hatfield but the successful candidate would need to be flexible to travel to other locations based on the business needs.
What will you be doing?
- Deliver a portfolio of projects to budget, programme and specification
- Drive the delivery of project(s) ensuring deliverables/outcomes deliver the project intent, tracking progress, identifying and mitigating risks, providing project updates, managing budget and stakeholders
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of new and exciting projects that will develop our logistics platform.
- Work with other departments to identify projects that are required in order to keep pace with business aspirations regarding capacity and range growth.
- Create business cases, project budgets and assume accountability for the budget and business case through to benefit realisation and project closure.
- Liaise with the Customer Service General Managers and other key stakeholders.
- Report directly to the Senior Business Project Manager, other senior management and occasionally to Board level.
- You need a flexible approach as projects can be across the business and in various locations, other than your normal location, when the project/business needs different work patterns including shifts, nights, weekends, etc.
What are we looking for?
- An experienced Project Manager with a track record of managing multi - disciplined complex projects
- An analytical mind set with strong numeracy and analysis skills.
- Someone with the ability to collect and interpret the correct data to establish current performance and KPI baselines
- A high calibre candidate with a significant track record of design, delivery and analysis of end to end projects using formal project management methodology and with the ability to “do” as well as track and plan
- Someone with the ability to identify, validate and select the correct course of action and prioritise potential issues, risks or opportunities
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills which convey gravitas and inspires confidence in a manner that is inclusive and collaborative with the ability to influence in a confident, confidential and diplomatic manner with all stakeholders, including senior internal and external decision makers
- The ability to clearly articulate the business requirements, goals, project scope, and develop high-level project timelines into detailed programmes
- Articulate in both verbal and written communications with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and iterative development to produce a clear, coherent and concise output
- The ability to produce design work to a competent level at conceptual phase.
- Proficient with Google Platform (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Slides, Docs)
- Proficient with MS Office
- Proficient with MS Excel
- Confident with Pareto charts, histograms and analysis tools
- Experience with interpreting and adhering to relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Experience with Contract documentation
- Commercially aware
It would be great if you also have…
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Proficient with SketchUp
- Strength in traditional project management would be desirable (APM / Prince2)
- Knowledge and experience of Construction, Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 desirable but not essential
- Knowledge and experience with automation and Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) an advantage
- An engineering background
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground-breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.