Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Office team. This is a senior and leading role, accountable for driving and delivering key, strategic internal projects that are instrumental in ensuring our business is set up to continue its rapid growth trajectory. Projects could include process improvement, role and responsibility definition, target operating model set-up and tool and template development, depending on business and department requirements.
The Project Manager must be hands-on, with strong stakeholder management, collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally, with stakeholders at all levels. This position takes responsibility for the planning, execution and management of projects, handling risks and issues and communicating project status at regular intervals to the Senior Leadership Team. As a more senior member of the team, this position also has line management responsibility for a small team of project managers.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office. Limited UK travel may be required.
What will you be doing?
- Project managing a set of high profile, strategic, internal change projects across Platform Implementation
- Line managing a team of Project Managers
- Preparing best in class project documentation
- Coaching and supporting colleagues to develop expertise and skills
- Managing a large number of senior internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Managing and reporting risks, issues and change in a timely manner
- Managing project scope, quality, schedule, costs and resources ensuring the projects meet the business objectives
- Balancing the influence of constraints (eg. scope creep across resource and schedule)
- Project reporting ensuring transparency across the teams
- Adhering to the PMO Programme/project governance approach/structure
- Monitoring lessons learnt with a continuous improvement approach
- Extensive project management experience across a range of high profile, strategic projects and programmes
- Hands-on end-to-end project lifecycle experience
- Experience of line managing a team of Project Managers
- Constant drive to improve and innovate templates, tools and processes
- Significant change management experience
- Effective communication and presentation skills to the Senior Leadership Team
- Highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Ability to show initiative, self-motivation and innovation
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to project a professional and enthusiastic image at all times, providing leadership and motivation to the team
- Proactivity to maintain good working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, ensuring all given deadlines are met
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…