- Helping the team deliver to their expected standards and live the behavioural standards of Ocado Technology
- Assisting management and the team in top down and bottom up communication, including strategic and tactical priorities
- Maintaining and driving a pro-active and open communication channel between the stakeholders and the team
- Work with the team and its stakeholders to create clear vision for the team and clear team responsibilities (team boundaries)
- People and organisation
- Ensuring that the team is appropriately skilled and trained
- Fostering collaboration with other related teams and stakeholders
- Fostering high motivation, happiness and morale in the team
- Working to have team members in appropriate roles where they can do what they’re best at
- Working to have a team that is well balanced in terms of people in order to fulfil their mission(s)
- Ensuring that people know what is expected of them and are given regular feedback about skills and behaviours
- Taking responsibility for team culture and how it fits with the organisational culture
- Recruitment and building the team, with an understanding with understanding of what skills are needed, team dynamic etc.
- Building awareness of business objectives and leading the team to achieve them
- Managing issues that might impede team effectiveness e.g. communication issues, behavioural issues, skill issues, process issues and technical issues
- Coaching the team in how to make intelligent decisions around their function, technology and product/service
- Use their own technical understanding in order to support teams
- Ensuring that the team continuously works to improve
- Work with the team to understand its development progress and capacity, and communicate this as necessary. Build trust and confidence through transparency.
You may also have responsibilities that relate solely to your local office or country e.g. HR and other office-based responsibilities, for which you will take direction from your local Head of Office.
- You have a good understanding and experience of software engineering and the full software development cycle and a rock-solid attitude to maintaining and improving technical quality
- Experience with leading a team of software developers including performance, development and conflict resolution issues.
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information
- Strong verbal and written communication in English and Polish
- Technology or similar technical degree
Technology-wise (nice to have)
- Experience in Data (i.e data warehouse)
- Google Cloud Computing
- SQL and data
- You foster open, honest and effective discussion in which all members are unafraid to voice their opinions and concerns
- You work well with others and actively contribute towards team/department/division objectives to enable high performance of own and fellow team.
- You bring people together, breaking down silos, finding common ground and cultivating shared aims and vision.
- You have excellent communication skills and you actively encourage and facilitate collaboration within your team, across teams and with all stakeholders
- You consciously give and receive feedback openly and constructively
- You build high levels of trust between individuals and teams, espouse respect, openness, honesty and knowledge sharing
- You live Agile and create feedback loops at all levels
- You display the generosity to help others succeed at own expense.
- You are data-driven and inspire your team to continually improve their processes and practices
- You are a servant leader and never afraid to get your hands dirty. If something is blocking or hurting your team, you’re on it
- You enjoy creating real business value, be it improving user experience or driving up operational efficiency. You know that to achieve this you will need to cultivate a team environment which is innovative, motivational, highly-productive and setup for fast change
- You accept ownership of what you do, relish empowerment to drive innovation, take accountability and responsibility of own actions.
- You have ability to learn fast through experimentation and recognise the importance of learning from failure quickly, without attributing blame.