Ocado is the world leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a pioneering business model. We are developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites & warehouses, and engaging in new business partnerships. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a bunch of smart, skilled and friendly people with extraordinary drive and passion.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to join as our Tactical Sales & Capacity team as a Planner on a permanent basis in Hatfield.
We are accountable for creating midterm planning forecasts by ensuring we have all the necessary resources in various places to meet customer demand. All this whilst being mindful of efficiency targets that drive our business.
You will be responsible for analysing customer sales and basket size trends and taking appropriate actions, working closely with trading team, planning analytics as well as contributing to the continuing improvement of the department’s tools, systems & practices. You will be encouraged to develop new skills and working practices in line with this exciting and evolving business.
- You will work in a small but very busy team,
- Analyse and understand dynamic forecasts
- Be ready to challenge and be challenged
- Coordinate resource between operations across the UK to hit sales and efficiency targets
- Work closely with sales teams, operational teams and other planning teams
- Communicate effectively with various people in the business including Senior Management
- Provide reports to relevant departments within the business
- Ensure Competition Compliance Guidelines are followed
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical mind, capable of resolving any issues in an effective manner
- Good verbal / written communication skills
- Intermediate / advanced Excel skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working under pressure while completing multiple tasks
- Comfortable with working with large amounts of data
- Experience in operational planning
- Experience in forecasting
- Some exposure to Project Management
Why work for Ocado:
At Ocado we define and measure our employees against following values:
- We are proud of what we do.
- We are in it together.
- We can be even better.
We strongly believe that the application of the above values on a day to day basis stimulates a harmonious, productive and responsible workforce that is dedicated and driven to achieve the business objectives whilst maintaining a pleasant and safe working environment for all to enjoy.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme (24 Hour Confidential Advice and Counselling Service)
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Free Shares
- Ocado 15% Discount with Free Deliveries
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more