You will be joining a growing Finance function to support the continued growth of Ocado. As a dedicated and proactive member of the finance team, you will directly provide strong and effective support to your business partners.
You will ensure that period management accounts are prepared accurately and timely, and importantly provide analysis that will support the key financial insights being provided to management teams within the business.
As a part of the Commercial Finance team, you will play a key and collaborative role within your team to achieve the goals held across both finance and our business partners.
What you will be doing?
- Build strong working relationships within your finance team, and with your business partners and their management teams in order to provide both support and challenge.
- Collaborate across finance teams to produce timely and accurate period management accounts and reports for both P&L and Capex.
- Demonstrate a strong commercial understanding of the Ocado business to provide insightful commentary and analysis on financial results and KPIs. Undertake period end review meetings with budget holders.
- Develop a detailed understanding of cost drivers to identify risks and opportunities and highlight areas requiring focus.
- Drive the development and continuous improvement of KPI reporting to add insight and value to the business.
- Play an active role and own parts of producing the annual Budget and interim Forecasts and presentations for Senior Management within both finance and the business, understanding key drivers for variances.
- Identify and assist implementing improvements to business processes and financial controls to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts.
- Provide support and analysis that aids improved decision making for ad hoc projects. This may involve building financial models or reviewing proposals for capital expenditure.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA accountant, newly qualified or 1+ PQE
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record are essential
- Experience of business partnering with stakeholders outside of finance
- Candidates must be able to prioritise tasks and have a flexible approach, responding to the changing nature of Ocado in a timely manner
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of mainstream accounting packages
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...