Regional Engineering Operations Manager
Australia – Melbourne
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery.
Our cutting-edge automation, robotics and control systems, are the cornerstone of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP): the world's most advanced end-to-end eCommerce, fulfilment and logistics platform.
We partner with leading online retailers around the world. Our state-of-the-art facilities, which incorporate cutting-edge automation, robotics and control systems: the world's most advanced end-to-end eCommerce, fulfilment, and logistics platform.
We are proud to be partnering with Coles, the leading online grocery retailer in Australia. This is a very exciting time to join Ocado and be part of the first solution in the country and our wider global growth journey.
At the heart of this is our Automation and Robotics Engineering team. Based in Melbourne the team will be responsible for sustaining and optimising our robotics and automation with smart data. They monitor systems and perform data diagnostics to identify issues early on and fix them proactively, whilst providing pivotal feedback to internal teams that enable future development of our products.
So what’s the role?
Reporting to the Global Engineering Director, the Regional Engineering Operations Manager is to deliver leadership and ensure excellence across our engineering operations in Australia. This role will be based in Melbourne, however it will have responsibility for Sydney as well.
The role will manage the onsite teams safely, effectively, and efficiently to ensure the Ocado solution is available and performs as required to meet KPIs, SLAs, and the Client business objectives. It will also ensure that our Engineering standard processes and ways of working are met.
A key part of the role will be to manage the relationship and engagement with the Client Operations leadership to ensure there is a regular and appropriate flow of information and governance.
If you have a good understanding of how to manage a complex multi-site engineering operation in an innovative and fast-paced environment with high Health & Safety standards then we would like to hear from you!
Key Focus Areas & Responsibilities:
- Leading engaged and high performing Engineering Ops teams in accordance to Ocado values and behaviours
- Alignment and coordination with Central Engineering for Engineering Ops establishment and recruitment for new sites
- Receiving and taking ownership of new sites from Central Engineering in accordance with the blueprint handover criteria
- Managing the recruitment, onboarding and training strategy for all live sites
- Leading the maintenance and repair of Ocado assets to safeguard solution availability and productivity
- Management of onsite MHE (Material Handling Equipment) assets and spare parts
- Managing the relationship with Client Operations senior leadership to maintain Client satisfaction
- Ensuring Engineering Ops teams manage the governance and relationship with onsite Client Operations teams to support Client decision making and satisfaction
- Managing staff availability and shift rotas to align with Client and Ocado business needs
- Managing Engineering Ops performance against defined KPIs and SLAs
- Leading Engineering Ops performance improvement initiatives and corrective action plans
- Defining and implementing strategies for staff performance management
- People management and leadership within an engineering or manufacturing setting
- Excellent Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Relationship management at a high level
- Demonstrated experience of working autonomously
- Excellent communications skills.
To find out more about Ocado Engineering and the exciting technology you would be working with just click the link and watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2huDm7AyhA
For further information please visit our global Ocado Solutions website at https://www.ocadogroup.com/about-us/ocado-solutions
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.