At Ocado Solutions we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
About the team:
Operations Transition is responsible for the smooth delivery of new technology and clients into live support by ensuring an appropriate level of business engagement, planning and communications. The team can be involved in anything from a new piece of software developed by our technology teams to onboarding a new global client with multiple services. By working closely across these projects you will ensure that our support teams have everything they need to provide the world class service our clients expect.
As our Service Design & Transition Lead, your day-to-day responsibilities include:
As a Service Design & Transition lead, you will be joining a growing function and team responsible for the smooth delivery of new Technology and Clients into BAU Operation.
The team can typically be involved in Projects on new software being developed by Ocado Technology teams to, onboarding a new global client looking to consume multiple services. As a Lead you will be accountable for driving the Service Design & Transition outcomes for a portfolio of Projects by ensuring an appropriate level of business engagement, planning and communication.
Working closely with key stakeholders across Project, Product, Technical & Operational teams you will assure the Operability of new services and technology and manage their smooth transition into BAU with no surprises. You’ll also contribute to and own delivery of CSI initiatives to ensure the function continues to evolve and adapt to the needs of a growing business.
- Where required provide day to day support / cover for other members of the team
- You may also be required to deputise for the Service Design & Transition Manager
- Engage & Manage Key Stakeholders across Project, Product, Technical, Service Mgt & Operational Teams through the Service Design & Transition Process
- Triage / Impact Assess Projects for your Portfolio
- Work collaboratively with Key Stakeholders to : Define & Agree Service Design & Transition Plans, Ensure Client / Business Service Performance Requirements are understood and built into the BAU Service Model, Define & Agree Service Acceptance Criteria (SACs), Operational Acceptance Criteria (OACs), Go-Live Criteria & Warranty Approach and Define, Agree & Manage Transition Plan
- Chair Operations Go-Live, Live Readiness Walk-throughs, Warranty Exit & Lessons Learnt Meetings with Key Stakeholders
- Support Key decision making throughout the Project Lifecycle through…
- Own & Deliver agreed CSI Initiatives
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What We Would Like To See:
- Service Design / Transition
- Project management / Continuous Delivery / Agile working
- Managing a Portfolio of Projects
- Managing & Delivering CSI initiatives
- Working in a startup environment is a bonus
- Scoping, Setting up & Running Workshops to drive required outcomes
- Strong stakeholder focus and management
- Consistently builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders
- Ability generate positive impact with high credibility
- Sound Decision making and Influencing
- Consistently provides an objective view with supporting material to drive the desired outcomes
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills
- Can engage both technical and non technical stakeholders at all levels to convey ideas / complex challenges through conversation and written communication
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.