The rebuild of CFC3 is well underway and the exciting return is getting closer everyday.
We are now ready to expand our operational team with Area Coordinators with successful candidates starting these roles in spring 2021. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a pre-go live environment as we prepare the site for launch, enabling you to influence ways of working and contribute to achieving a positive employee experience by providing visible leadership.
You will be responsible for all on shift operational and front line auxiliary activities that support the successful delivery of KPI’s for a specific Business Unit within the Logistics Operation. Additionally, you will support the Area Managers to provide a safe and respectful work environment delivering outstanding service to internal and external customers.
What will you be doing?
Living and breathing our 5 Pillars - Safety, People, Customer Quality, Delivery, Cost - you will provide motivation and drive excellence in all that we do.
Safety - Proactively maintain exceptional health and safety standards, promoting a positive on-site safety culture ensuring SSOWs/Risk Assessment materials are being adhered to and hazards are removed. Enthusiastically participate in safety initiatives.
People - As well as maximising the new starter experience you will foster our Diversity and Inclusion journey by empowering people and by respecting and appreciating what makes them different as well as supporting the personal development of the team. Great communication is vital so key messages will need to be delivered consistently, clearly, and effectively. As well as ensuring employees are deployed and managed fairly while on shift, you will contribute to the delivery of the main people KPIs for your Business Unit including labour turnover and absence %.
Customer and Cost - You will ensure your people are fully compliant with all applicable operational processes and quality standards to drive high service levels and improve the customer experience. At the same time, you will consistently pursue excellent housekeeping and hygiene standards whilst encouraging a culture of pride. Full coordination of your business unit tasks to deliver agreed productivity, food safety, and all other applicable quality and performance targets is also essential.
Delivery - Identify and resolve physical and technical issues affecting the operation, escalating as appropriate as well as pro-active reporting of production issues, ensuring all relevant and operational critical issues/incidents are identified and resolved/escalated, to minimise disruption to productivity levels and customer service metrics within your business unit. You will also make recommendations for future improvements and best practice and ensure that all processes and supporting tasks are completed to agreed timescales and support the achievement of all relevant KPIs associated with the customer.
- Knowledge of best practice Health & Safety & Safe Systems of Working
- Good numerical skills, able to read & understand numerical data. Ability to set and work within a target/KPI driven framework
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written with the ability to interact positively at all levels
- PC literate (Excel, Google Operating Systems), Microsoft user – basic level
- Ability to recognise poor operating techniques and make effective suggestions for improvement
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Food Safety Standards - Knowledge of key elements of food safety standards
- Experience of working in a 24/7 operation
- Warehouse Management Systems - Working knowledge of key elements/core operation reporting tools
- Team Management Skills - Some previous people management experience (e.g. supervisory, secondments / step-up)
- Mechanical Handling Equipment - Current qualifications / previous experience
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
- Support other sites from time to time to support the needs of the business
- Follow a shift pattern working any 4 out of 7 shifts (including weekends) in an operational 24/7 environment. Shifts are 12 hours in length and your start time will vary depending on the area in which you are working.
If this sounds like your perfect role, and you feel you meet the requirements then we’d love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 18th July 2021
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.