Shift: You will work 42 hours per week, Monday – Friday (day shift), however as our Customer Fulfilment Centre is a 24/7 operation, flexibility will be required. You will be required to support on some weekends, which is currently every 5 weeks. You will also be expected to support plant shutdowns -There are currently 8 Sunday plant shutdowns per calendar year.
Salary: £23,420 - £ 28,364 per annum (dependent on experience)
Our Hatfield fulfilment centre is our most established major distribution depot. Our warehouse is based on a complex conveyor system that uses Artificial Intelligence to plan and optimise picking sequence, product location and crate routing. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 181,000 customer orders a week which requires 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of Engineers and Technicians to maintain it. Ocado is a rapidly growing online grocer and we are looking for Engineering Maintenance Technicians to work in our highly automated warehouse.
We are looking for candidates with experience in any of the following fields; Materials Handling Equipment, Factory Maintenance and Service Engineers from all areas. Those with transferable skills such as motor vehicle technicians both trade and private. Aircraft maintenance personnel and metal workers, we would also like to hear from anyone who has recently completed their education in any STEM based discipline who is looking to start an engineering career.
We will need you to have demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability. You will be PC Literate, have good organisation skills and be able to prioritise. You will also need to have good hands-on skills and an eye for detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical skills and benefit from high quality training and mentoring.
Working within the engineering maintenance team, this role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed. We currently service over 7500 individual pieces of MHE!
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores and training given
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance
- Actioning repairs diagnosed from production related breakdowns
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary
NB: You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and are subject to review.
What will I get in return?
- Job security in a rapidly growing Company
- Pension - Ocado matches up to 7% of pay
- Genuine career development in the UK
- Free uniform and tools provided.
- Training and technical development
- Share schemes
- Free shares issued annually
- Buy as You Earn - buy shares through your wages (tax and ni free)
- Share Save (SAYE) - offered annually
- Life Assurance - 3 x basic salary
- Online access to GP via Axa Digital GP app - for employee and family
- Employee Assistance Programme with 8 free counselling sessions
- Heavily discounted onsite company shop with up to 70% off - meat, fish, ready meals, snacks, fruit, vegetables, bread, cupboard items, household
- Plus many more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.