Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
The Engineering Supply Chain Quality Team provides support to the procurement team through the assessment of newly identified suppliers during the initial on boarding process. We are now looking for a Supply Chain Quality Engineer who will support planned audits of existing suppliers to ensure continued quality and performance are maintained whilst ensuring any concerns are addressed and communicated to management. They will support customer site, product related concerns including, communication of data, RCA identification, review, implementation and signoff.
What will you be doing?
- Drive the development, documentation, control and improvement of key business processes surrounding the delivery of engineering team solutions to assure outcomes.
- Work across Engineering delivery areas to establish process capability, identify requirements and work collaboratively to create and embed process.
- Support on boarding audits of potential new suppliers in the UK and abroad as per agreed schedules.
- Support planned manufacturing process and system audits of existing suppliers as per agreed schedules.
- Support Ad-Hoc audits at supplier sites to aid Non-conformance investigations as per business requirements.
- Support multiple customer build sites, handling product concerns, ensuring all required information is gathered, reviewed and communicated to the relevant source for RCA investigation.
- Be a subject matter expert for problem-solving techniques and approaches, providing guidance as and when necessary.
- Actively working with suppliers to ensure true Root Cause is identified and agreed actions are implemented effectively.
- Actively participate and represent the team in the raising and/or support of the concession, deviation and engineering change processes.
- Support supplier reviews.
- The place of work is Hatfield, but the role will require regular presence at other UK and international locations as well as travel to national and international suppliers.
- An engineering / science qualification.
- Experience in manufacturing processes and quality controls in areas such as raw material supply, extrusion, milling, turning, grinding, welding, injection moulding and surface protection systems.
- Experience in dimensional metrology and current measurement technologies.
- Experience in high volume manufacture and quality control methodologies.
- Experience in structured problem solving using Six Sigma, 8D or A3 methods and can coach others.
- Experience with advanced product quality planning processes and associated activities.
- Experience of process capability, statistical process controls (SPC) and critical parameter management.
- Ability to build relationships from shop floor to senior management level, identify and clearly communicate key information and tailor the communication for the audience.
- Prioritise issues, communicate reasoning and negotiate for resources when needed.
- Exhibits both technical and commercial awareness.
- Experience in writing work instruction and technical reports.
- Experience with industry recognised standards such as ISO9001:2015.
- Internal/ lead auditor for ISO9001:2015
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……