Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Engineering and Supply Chain department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform(OSP) into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
We are looking for a Engineering Supplier Quality Engineer to drive the development, documentation, control and improvement of key business processes surrounding the delivery of engineering team solutions to assure outcomes. You will work across Engineering delivery areas to establish process capability, identify requirements and work collaboratively to create and embed process. Use of structured quality tools and problem solving techniques to facilitate and support process development and deployments, and audit compliance.
You will be required to travel frequently to the Welwyn Garden City site
What will you be doing?
- Principle accountability: Drive the mission to achieve “assured outcomes” across the business.
- Business process and management systems development and definition with buy-in from process owners and stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert for problem-solving techniques and approaches.
- Have implemented management systems for operations and suppliers.
- Structured problem solving skills using Six Sigma, 8D or A3 methods. Can coach others.
- Has advanced product quality planning with the supply base - purchasing of own design bespoke products.
- Change management and acceptance building skills.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
- Well versed in Continual Improvement methodologies
- PCBA quality control, AOI, ICT, PCBA Functional testing, EoL testing, marking and traceability knowledge.
- Significant experience in Supplier Quality activities
- Involved in the introduction of ISO9001:2015; introduction of supplier quality regimes and execution of audits to plan
- Implementing change in a fast paced environment; building a consensus and gaining acceptance.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment independently or as part of a global team.
- PCBA line setup and quality control
- Degree/ HND qualified in technical or quality discipline
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……