What does the team do
This role forms part of the team that underpins Ocado’s information security technical capability, being a key contributor to your team’s delivery. In this role, you will be a go-to person in your team, with great expertise, problem solving and knowledge sharing. You’ll be working with others to find great solutions and supporting technical decision making in your team. Information Security is a fundamental part of the business and the Infosec team collaborates with all areas of the business.
What would I be doing?
- Help develop and refine the overall security architecture for Ocado’s infrastructure and networks
- Identify, evaluate and implement security applications, systems or tools to further protect Ocado’s networks and infrastructure
- Manage and maintain Infosec’s enterprise security tools and services, including: day to day monitoring and auditing, system testing, upgrades, documentation, etc
- Provide guidance to other teams regarding identifying and assessing the impact of security issues
- Keeping up to date with the current security and threat landscape and potential impact on Ocado
What we are looking for
- Significant professional experience working in an information security team
- Broad technical background covering one or more of operating systems (Linux, Windows or MacOS), software development, private and public cloud
- Fundamental knowledge of networking (L3-L7) and network security including but not limited to IDS/IPS, WAF, and Firewalls
- Use and management of Enterprise scale security tools/services such as: SIEM, Anti-Virus, EDR, DLP, Content Filtering, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell)
- Working knowledge of network concepts with the ability to troubleshoot network issues using NMAP, wireshark, netflow and other tools
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and the technical experience to assess their severity and impact
- Good understanding of the security community, toolsets and knowledge sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach, able to work on multiple parallel activities in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Able to build relationships across multiple teams with disparate skills
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience working with AWS or Azure
- Experience working with SOC2, PCI-DSS, ISO27001 standards
- Experience working with Zero-Trust/Beyond Corp environments
- Systems engineering experience and background
- Experience working to DevSecOps processes
Who are we: Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.