Within Ocado Group sits Ocado Logistics, the team that makes sure our customers receive their orders on time and in full. Ocado Logistics spans the life cycle of a customer order, from our Supply Chain Team who order the product into our Fulfilment Centres, to the Planning Team who make sure we have the right people, trucks and vans in the right place at the right time, to our Warehouse and Transport staff who process every single order and make sure that it gets to our customers when they expect it.
The Central Excellence Team works across all of these areas to provide data, analysis, support, coordination and project delivery and we are looking for a Central Business Analyst to join the team.
As a Central Business Analyst you will be providing support to our UK network of Customer Fulfillment Centres, General Merchandise Distribution Centres, Spokes, Zooms and Contact Centres. This is a very varied role which includes creating and maintaining central KPI reports, bringing together information from multiple sites across various different data sources, as well as undertaking trend analysis on the underlying detail to highlight opportunities for the continued improvement against our key focus areas of Safety, Customer, People, Cost and Delivery.
This position is based in our head office in Hatfield but occasional travel to our network around the country will be necessary. This is the perfect role for an analyst wishing to broaden their range of skills in a practical environment.
What will you be doing?
- Fulfilling operational requests from different stakeholders across the business
- Creating and maintaining central KPI reports, working with Ocado Technology data teams to make sure the most robust and accurate data source is used
- Consolidating information from multiple Customer Fulfillment Centres, Spokes, General Merchandise Distribution Centres, Zooms and Contact Centres across various different data sources - i.e Oracle, Bigquery, GoogleSheet, Excel
- Understand best practice security management and ensure that all tasks undertaken comply with this best practice.
- Undertaking trend analysis on the underlying detail to highlight opportunities for the continued improvement against KPIs in our key focus areas of Safety, Customer, People, Cost and Delivery
- Creating tools and apps that will allow users to conduct their own investigations
- Working towards automating reports and alerts.
- Managing end to end projects, while working closely with other departments such as Supply Chain, Planning and Finance, to ensure the alignment and consistency of data across the business
- Providing in depth analysis to help development and technology teams prioritise hardware projects and software developments
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst, ideally within a logistics function
- Strong statistical analysis and data management skills
- Excellent IT skills including Excel as well as advanced SQL qualifications (or proven experience)
- Commercially savvy eye for detail
- Ability to collaborate with other departments in operationally critical activities
- Proven experience of working with SQL Developer for Oracle
- Confidence in analysing large amounts of transaction data using both SQL and non-SQL tools
- A can do attitude and pro-active approach
- Ability to self-manage
- Effective time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at every level within the organisation
It would be great if you also have…
- Previous exposure to Google Apps Script
- Previous exposure to Python
- Previous exposure to C#
- Previous exposure to a WMS such as Redprairie/JDA, Optima and Swisslog or ERP systems such as IFS, JDE and SAP