“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor
A bit about us...
Our Retrieval Robotics teams are at the cutting-edge of our technology engineering business. From the design and manufacture of the most state-of-the-art products in the business, to their delivery into our multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, our bespoke electrical and mechanical development projects are pushing the boundaries of innovation and automation.
Within Retrieval Robotics sits our Quality and Process function, who’s key mission is to drive assured outcomes across our division. The team is looking for a passionate Quality & Process Manager to help us push forward the continued development, documentation, control and improvement of key business processes surrounding the delivery of solutions across our teams. This role is also instrumental in our other missions to maximise our delivery capacity and reduce our unplanned Technical Debt.
How you’ll spend your days…
- You will be responsible for driving the mission to achieve “assured outcomes” across the business.
- Guiding and developing your individual team members whilst fostering a cooperative environment
- By collaborating with key stakeholders, you will help to define essential processes for our internal organisation and management systems development.
- You will oversee the ongoing maintenance and improvement of our ISO9001 registered operating systems and practices.
- In doing this you will also detail processes for the use and integration of software tools
- You will become our subject matter expert and go to person for defining, clarifying and agreeing ways of working.
- Managing and administering our process management system (Navigate).
- You will be the team leader for our project operations team who have the mission to maximise our delivery capacity by performing project assurance and configuration management activities.
We’re interested to talk to you if you have...
- Proven experience in working with ISO9001.
- A collaborative approach to working with teams with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and process driven. Able to bring people together and facilitate consensus on processes and ways of working.
- An understanding of engineering, manufacturing and quality processes.
- Ability to work across a wide range of projects in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of effective project management practices and operating a PMO.
Bonus points if you also have...
- APM or PMI certified Project Manager
- Experience with Tibco Nimbus and Cognidox
What we can offer you...
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on our your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis, not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.