Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Engineering Supply Chain function who are looking to recruit an Engineering Buyer who will ensure that orders are placed and tracked in line with multi-site customer demand while maintaining appropriate supporting process and information in a transparent and timely manner and communicating with suppliers and internal customers.
What will you be doing?
- Raise purchase orders, follow up, check deliveries against invoices and associated administrative processes
- Monitor receipts and returns against purchase orders
- Monitor supply and demand, rescheduling deliveries where appropriate
- Maintain purchasing data
- Continuously improve processes to improve transparency and efficiency
- Build relationships with suppliers to ensure optimum response and service levels
- Ensure agreed customer service levels are met
- Maintain KPIs and report regularly
- Work with other teams to introduce new products effectively
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ERP software
- Experience of justifying and raising Purchase Orders
- Understanding of forecasting, stock control and Just in Time practices
- Although based at our Hertfordshire head office, you will occasionally be expected to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad
- Highly numerate and proficient in Excel with demonstrated analytical skills
- Proficient in administrative and clerical duties
- Ability to work in dynamic, team-oriented, fast-paced environment
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……