Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We are now looking for a Business Project Manager (Project Controller (PC)) to join, who will be instrumental in supporting Platform Implementation Project Managers on multiple CFC implementation projects (physical build plus the installation of our technology/MHE equipment). The PC role is the heart of the project and the central point of contact - it provides support and administration in various areas (including programme and budget planning, schedule building, change control and design reviews) and requires strong organisational, communication and stakeholder management skills.
The PC is very much a ‘doing’ role and provides an excellent opportunity to develop project management skills in a pioneering and innovative environment, while building relationships at every level within the business.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the Platform Implementation Project Manager in all areas of the design and build of the CFC – focused on cost, timescale specification and safety of the project (and acting as 2nd in command when necessary)
- Supporting the change management process to ensure due diligence and efficient sign-off of site enhancements
- Working with the PMO team to track the overall programme budget by challenging and agreeing workstream costs
- Supporting process improvements, including the development and implementation of a project methodology agreed by all workstreams
- Resolving issues and queries for internal and external stakeholders
- Delivering project reporting, including: status, actions, risks & issues
- Project management experience (ideally in a similar/transferable industry)
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels (internally and externally)
- Ability to prioritise and respond to change
- Experience delivering projects to targets/budgets and driving tasks to completion
- Stakeholder engagement experience, with the ability to influence
- Highly organised with great attention to detail
- MS Projects experience (beneficial)
- MS Excel
***please note - due to the global nature of our client base, international travel (sometimes extensive) may be required, depending on the client and project you’re working on. This will be discussed further at interview stages.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…