Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
As our Robotics Operator, your role will be to provide first line support to the Operation through monitoring the activities and efficiency of the Grid and Robots, ability to meet its KPI targets. This is a hands-on role and therefore you will need to adopt a versatile and flexible approach to work as the site evolves.
Day-to-day responsibilities for this role may include:
- Investigate any stoppage on the grid which pauses the Operation and see through to resolution, including escalating to off-site support and remotely connecting to the Robots.
- Monitor Robot performance and appropriately escalate problems to Engineering Operations for inspection.
- Monitor the status of both the Robots and the physical grid – investigating locked grid cells, charging ports and general Robot health.
- Communicate across multiple departments to ensure the right equipment is being used to maximise operational efficiency, and assist with the planning.
- Coordinate Robot software rollouts to keep the most up to date software running across the Robot fleet.
- Communicate in the English language with site teams and the UK periodically
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Possess excellent computer skills and be PC literate.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage to tight deadlines.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ideally have experience working in an FMCG production, automated warehouse or distribution centre environment.
- Be familiar with basic unix shell commands to connect to remote hosts, authenticate and traverse the file system
- Be able to work with log files and extract relevant log lines through the application of commands used for file manipulation
- Working knowledge in communicating in the English language
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
This position is located in our automated warehouse facility in Pointe-Claire, QC.
What We Offer
- Paid Vacation and Sick days; Paid personal time per year and 10 public holidays.
- External Health Care includes : Coinsurance at 90%, prescriptions, Paramedical and other services.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Vision Care available; Dental Care 100% basic, 80% preventative
- Pension Plan; 100% match up to 6% of earnings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
Learn about our partnership with Sobeys:
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.