Operational Systems Support Specialist - Based in Kungsängen, Greater Stockholm Sweden
Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with retailers internationally, our automated warehouse solutions enable our partners to deliver what their customers want.
Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, We call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines or our highly optimized supply chain & forecasting systems.
We are now proud to be partnering with ICA, the leading grocery retailer in Sweden. This is a very exciting time to join Ocado and be part of the first solution in the country and our wider global growth journey.
The objective of this role is to ensure relevant business systems are fully operational ensuring an efficient service to Ocado’s customers and clients and to avoid or minimise any impact to customers following system outages or incidents. To achieve this you will be managing warehouse incidents and tasks across multiple disciplines
Within this role you will have a unique perspective, more than anyone else working within a CFC as you will be working across three different disciplines; Engineering Operations, Technical Support Services and Business Operations. This role will require you to use technical and operational awareness ensuring effective management of incidents and to communicate with a range of stakeholders. This role will be at the centre of client operations end to end process.
This role is within Ocado’s Client services division and forms part of the Operational Systems Support team Client services mission is “to support and maintain Ocado’s platforms wherever they may be”
You will report into the OSS Shift Leader and will form part of the OSS team within Client Services.
Key customers and collaborators will include Clients, Onsite Engineering Team, Onsite and Offsite Technology teams and the Service desk.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Working within a team of on site systems support specialists during your shift, to ensure effective coverage of services by the team.
- Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents
- Working within the health & safety policies laid out by the company
- Point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution
- Analyse the performance of key on site assets
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services
- Prioritising bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks.
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
Skills and experience required:
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience in a technical and hardware support capacity
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong technical communication ability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a technical support / incident management role.
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking.
- Confidence in delivering informative, well-organised presentations to senior management
- ITIL qualification
- An aptitude for completing and learning simple engineering tasks
- Technical qualifications in areas such as Hardware, Software & Networking
For further information please visit our global Ocado Solutions website at www.ocadogroup.com/about-us/ocadosolutions.
This role will be 42 hours a week and we require your flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and therefore a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working a variety of days, evenings, weekends and this pattern can include some nights. This is essential so that we can work efficiently to meet the needs of our partners in Sweden.
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.