“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services, we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
This role is within Ocado’s Client services division and forms part of the Operational Systems Support team Client services mission is “to support and maintain Ocado’s platforms wherever they may be”
This role reports into the OSS Shift Leader and will form part of the OSS team within Client Services.
What will you do?
Within this role you will have a unique perspective, more than anyone else working within a CFC as you will be working across three different disciplines; Engineering Operations, Technical Support Services and Business Operations. This role will require you to use technical and operational awareness ensuring effective management of incidents and to communicate with a range of stakeholders. This role will be at the centre of client operations.
The objective of this role is to ensure relevant business systems are fully operational ensuring an efficient service to Ocado’s customers and clients and to avoid or minimise any impact to customers following system outages or incidents. To achieve this you will be managing warehouse incidents and tasks across multiple disciplines
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Working within a team of on site systems support specialists during your shift, to ensure effective coverage of services by the team.
- Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents
- Working within the health & safety policies laid out by the company
- Point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution
- Analyse the performance of key on site assets
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services
- Prioritising bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks.
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What we are looking for
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
- Strong time management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in a technical support capacity
- Experience in hardware support
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong technical communication ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self starter
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required.
- Experience in a technical support / incident management role.
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking.
This is an onsite based role and will take part in a team shift pattern to cover operations 24x7. The shift pattern will be made up of a 4 on and 4 off rota. This will involve day as well as night shifts, a generous allowance will be paid for this shift pattern in addition to the salary paid.
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.