An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Demand Manager to join our Supply Chain team, to be based at Ocado's Head Office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
As a Senior Demand Planner, you will hold day to day responsibility for a team of Demand Managers, their development, their range of product assortments, as well as all their associated key performance indicator targets. Alongside this you will be working on several improvement initiatives and will be expected to deputise for the Supply Chain Operations managers in areas including but not restricted to learning and development, operational improvements and inter-departmental initiatives.
The primary job purpose is to hold Demand Planner responsibilities for a broad assortment and in doing so lead by example and set best practice for the team. Alongside this, work on development initiatives and deputise for the Operations Managers where appropriate.
You must be highly motivated; a self-starter with high levels of enthusiasm and flexibility to adapt to the ever changing needs of the wider Ocado multi-channel business as well as demonstrating a positive overall attitude. You should have a proven track record of demand planning within the food category, and will be ready to take the next step in your career by using your previous management experience to develop improvements across the Supply Chain team - including training, recruitment and progression.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demand Manager Responsibilities – You will be responsible for the day to day management of the teams’ workload including any issues that arise and KPI management at a team level
- Develop areas of expertise – You will be the Supply Chain ‘expert’ in specific areas as outlined by your Managers by taking time to fully understand the project, system or process and assessing areas for development or working with internal and external stakeholders; to ensure its on-going success
- Improvement Initiatives – You will be working on specific improvement initiatives as set out by the Supply Chain managers within an agreed time period. As a Senior Demand Manager you should be able to demonstrate a clear plan and progression for each initiative and will regularly update all stakeholders both verbally and in writing. The initiatives may involve working with other teams and management and as such, you must be able to act in an appropriate manner to achieve the best result for the business
- Forecast Management – You will work with the Supply Chain Operations Managers and Resource Planning teams internally or/and externally, to effectively manage the order and unit level forecasting process within Utopia to ensure KPI targets are delivered
- Talent Mapping & Succession Planning – Working alongside the rest of the Management team to identify and develop future leaders for the department
- You will conduct appraisals, Objectives & PDPs. You should plan and carry these out annually with the Demand Managers and review progress regularly to ensure they are on track and provide support where required
- You will be required to deputise for Operations Manager during periods, holiday and absence. You should proactively make suggestions and offer support to the Operations Managers wherever possible
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial Supply Chain environment
- Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, with experience of training or mentoring others
- A strong track record in demand planning and supplier management
- Proven track record in demand forecasting, volume planning and logistics management
- Proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- Strong business skills and commercial acumen
- Excellent PC skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and a technical mind set/proven ability to interpret numerical data
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships across the business
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others. Ability to fit in with others in the team and wider business
- Confident decision maker who is able to work independently
- Formal Supply Chain qualification(s)
- Experience in the e-commerce sector
- Previous experience of 3rd party vendor management
- Occasional travel to other sites is required, so a driving licence is beneficial
This role will require you to primarily work 08:00 - 17:00 Monday - Friday, however an adaptable and flexible approach to working hours will be required in order to support a 24/7 business operation (including weekend working). You will also be required to be on call which will be on a rota, from the hours of 08:00 - 22:00.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.