We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What will I be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious technology communications professional to support a fast-growing communications and marketing team
The Employer Branding and Communications Lead will support all technology campaigns across the entire communications and marketing mix. They’ll play a key role in ideating and activating campaigns which aim to build a strong employer brand, positioning Ocado Technology as a thought leader and preferred employer for technology talent.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the comms team with the roll-out of communications and marketing activities in line with global technology communications strategy
- Develop compelling content that highlights Ocado Technology’s cutting-edge development, technological leadership and culture of serial innovation, across a number of different formats (e.g. media pitches, press releases, website content, social media posts, bylines, internal newsletter etc.)
- Help build a strong employer brand through strengthening Ocado Technology’s profile across key talent touchpoints; (proactive and reactive press office, social media, public speaking, owned digital channels, events, employee advocacy etc.) to position Ocado Technology as a pioneering technology company and preferred employer for tech talent
- Build and nurture relationships with key strategic partners, such as tech partners, user groups, academic institutions, technology and national media, publishing groups, events organisations etc. and leveraging these relationships to strengthen Ocado Technology’s employer brand
- Help raise internal awareness about the importance of public speaking and technology evangelism for building a strong employer brand; raise internal awareness about the policies, rules and procedures governing external media and public speaking engagements and ensure they are properly implemented
- Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with the wider Ocado Group Communications team, including Ocado Solutions, Internal Communications, CSR, and Digital Engagement with the goal of cohesive and integrated communications across all media channels, geographies, and divisions.
- Build and maintain a calendar of key media contacts, events, meet-ups, community groups, influencers and awards;
- Events: Assist with planning and running in-house Ocado Technology meet-ups and other events
We’re looking for people who reflect our values – people who can learn fast through experimenting; who are autonomous through taking ownership and driving innovation; who are collaborative and work well in high-performing teams. We value trust, honesty, and craftsmanship.
What we look for...
- Commercial experience within technology communications at an agency or in-house.
- BA university degree
- A solid understanding and passion for technology
- Outstanding command of the English language
- A proven track record of working in fast-moving environments with many stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to talk to people from all walks of life and to distil complex technical content on topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, automation electronics, mechanics, manufacturing, or logistics into engaging narratives that anticipate the needs of different audiences.
- Strong team player who is self-motivated and able to multitask under pressure. You have the ability to solve problems with positive outcomes.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise work
- Have an approachable, proactive, flexible, creative “can do” attitude
- Comfortable and confident working with senior-level management
- A passion for the exciting work of Ocado Technology
What we can offer you...
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.