Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
We currently have partnerships in place with M&S (UK), Groupe Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada), ICA Gruppen (Sweden), Kroger (US), Coles Supermarkets (Australia) and Aeon (Japan) - with plans for future growth.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Infrastructure Implementation department is tasked with building and delivering the amazing products and infrastructure designed and developed by Ocado Technology. We deliver products and projects all over the UK and Europe and internationally, so multitasking and working across a range of projects at the same time and delivering to the highest quality is critical.
As one of our Project Support Technical Officers, you will play a pivotal role in guiding and supporting our Implementation teams to successfully deliver on time critical and essential projects. This will include contributing to the relationships we are building with our new international clients.
What will you be doing?
- Creating, updating and maintaining detailed and technical documentation.
- Producing detailed drawings for the projects using various software and updating drawings to an Implementation specification.
- Assisting the Implementation Team with planning, item requirements and completing projects to strict deadlines.
- Attending stakeholder meetings.
- Working closely with all areas within IT to help manage workloads and priorities and help with engagement with the wider business.
- Identifying user requirements, suggesting suitable technologies and equipment to deliver the user requirements.
- Coordinating with contractors/ team leaders to ensure they have clear specifications and drawings to achieve their tasks.
- Building and configuring peripherals needed for a project and as part of a team or individually installing the built peripheral.
- Adhoc project tasks and site visits.
- Proactive and always looking to implement improvements to existing, and recommending new processes when required.
- Possess the ability to investigate issues using data driven investigations.
- Work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Demonstrable experience of IT projects.
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation authoring.
- CAD and/or Sketch-up skills
- Health & Safety training
- Google Apps/Admin
- MS Office Project, Excel and Powerpoint proficiency
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…