Ocado Solutions is a client-focused business that provides services, technology, and automation to grocery e-commerce businesses. We are part of the Ocado Group, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer and we draw from 20 years of direct retail and technology experience. Our product, Ocado Smart Platform, capitalises on more than 200 patents and patent applications directed to over 60 separate innovations, and the combined knowledge of a team of more than 1,200 technology and engineering professionals.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join the rapidly expanding Ocado Solutions finance team. This is a high profile finance role supporting the growing Ocado Solutions business. Business partnering is key to the role as you will be working closely with various departments around Ocado, the commercial teams and your finance colleagues.
The purpose of the role is to provide financial advice to the Ocado Solutions team. It will encompass the development of business plans, budgets, forecasts and reporting of actual performance for Ocado focusing on client profitability.
What you will be doing?
- Providing value adding financial insight, support and challenge to the Ocado Solutions teams by building effective working relationships at all levels, including Senior Managers and with other departments in the business
- Ownership of client profitability reporting and forecasting: supporting the Solutions finance and commercial teams by developing our reporting and forecasting processes for both new and live clients, ensuring consistency across both teams and incorporating best practice reporting; your work will involve designing and pulling together packs for reviews with senior management as well as responsibility for the budget and forecast cycle
- Team planning and line management: Provide support to Head of Finance working with senior stakeholders and planning work flow and development for the team
- Owning the project management of our business case refresh cycle: ensuring the delivery of the quarterly project reviews: Working alongside the Finance Managers to review resourcing proposals from other business areas and providing healthy challenge; understand key drivers for revenue and costs across our portfolio of clients
- Work closely and build an effective relationship with the commercial team to provide value adding insight and financial advice into management discussions
- Maintain and enhance financial controls ensuring accuracy and robustness of reporting and continue to develop reporting for this business area
- Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant with minimum of +7 PQE experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record
- Experience of reporting period management accounts, analysis and commentary
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of strong business partnering
- Advanced Excel skills
- Candidates must be able to prioritise and have a flexible approach, responding to the changing nature of Ocado in a timely manner
- System skills including mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle, Hyperion
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Experience of working in a matrix structure
- Experience in a technology/engineering environment
- Experience in financial modelling of project appraisals
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...