Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Construction and Installation (C&I) department is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally, with the Implementation Infrastructure team taking specific accountability for building and delivering the products and infrastructure designed by Ocado Technology.
We are looking for an Implementation Infrastructure Engineer to join the team, to take responsibility for the installation of all IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure across Ocado sites. Ability to multitask, work across a variety of projects at any one time, strive for continuous improvement and efficiency to ensure successful project delivery are all essential.
Please note, while this role is based at our Head Office in Hatfield, extensive travel to sites both within the UK and internationally, as well as a flexible approach to out of hours work during implementation periods, should be expected.
What will you be doing?
- Installing all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres and server rooms in all locations
- Working closely with the CCTV support team in fault-finding and resolutions
- Installing new equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements (servers, network equipment and storage)
- Asset management of all network and server infrastructure
- Providing BoM’s for budgeting
- Participating in the inventory auditing and purchasing process
- Supplier liaison - arranging orders and deliveries with infrastructure vendors
- Environmental monitoring of the data centres including power, cooling and overall capacity
- Documenting, monitoring and enforcing operational standards for the data centres
- Network cabling and testing
- Demonstrating a customer focus through communication, customer service accountability, and professionalism by resolving customer impacting events to root cause
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture by explaining data centre & office critical infrastructure
- Experience in installing, splicing, testing and fault-finding fibre optics
- Experience in installing, terminating, testing and fault finding copper structured cabling
- Good communication skills essential (verbal and written)
- Evidence of ability to work independently
- Current clean UK driving license
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……