This key role offers the opportunity to establish critical finance support and insight to the Client Services business area, which is responsible for supporting and maintaining Ocado’s rapidly growing number of international client CFCs (Customer Fulfilment Centres).
This role is responsible for the accounting of spare parts for the maintenance of the MHE (material handling equipment) in the CFCs. You will be joining a rapidly growing Finance team in the process of transforming to support the international business by implementing Oracle Fusion, part of which is establishing inventory accounting for spares.
It offers the fantastic opportunity to shape business processes, controls and reporting by contributing to the implementation of the stock accounting for spares in Oracle Fusion. The role will provide ongoing critical insight into the usage of spare parts, supply chain efficiency and cost base of our business.
What you will be doing?
- Establish and maintain robust, efficient and timely accounting processes and reporting for spares inventory in the global Ocado business
- Work with the Client Services senior management team and their Finance Business Partners to provide value add insightful reporting across all sites and driving robust on-site spares management processes
- Build effective working relationships across Finance bringing together Financial Reporting, Financial Control and Commercial Finance teams
Support Implementation of Supply Chain Management in Oracle Fusion
- Support the Oracle Fusion project team with the implementation of inventory accounting for spares
- Support system User Acceptance Testing, data migration and training
- Establish monthly processes, reconciliations and reporting
Ongoing Spares Inventory Accounting
- Develop and run efficient month end process including inventory balance sheet reconciliations, journalling/analysis of adjustments, analysis of price variances and maintenance of obsolescence provision
- Support on-site operations in performing stock count processes aligned to Audit requirements
- Responsible for updating standard costs for inventory items
- Work with Client Services management and the Finance Business Partners to enhance financial and business processes and controls for the management of on site Engineering spares (e.g. receipting of goods; stores management; stock movements/adjustments; spares re-working)
- Establish accurate and robust processes for Engineering spares inventory accounting and reporting across multiple client sites
- Ensure clear documentation is in place and support training of on site Engineering teams, for both new and existing sites, as well as Finance Business Partners in the team
- Establish standardised, robust and accurate reporting of spares KPIs, stock holding and usage
- Support system roll out of inventory for new sites
This list of accountabilities is not exhaustive and is likely to evolve as the system and processes are established and the business transforms.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA accountant with +3 PQE experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record are essential
- Solid experience of inventory accounting
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experience of business process/system transformations
- Experience in global business within Engineering/Technology sectors
- Experience of mainstream accounting packages e.g. Oracle (R12 and Fusion) and Hyperion
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...