Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com* and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform (“OSP”) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP consists of access to Ocado’s physical infrastructure solutions, efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, end-to-end proprietary software applications, and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary, and industry-leading technology are set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, you will undertake reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities and improvements on material handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyor networks, lifts, cranes, belts, etc. in Ocado’s state of art Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFC).
Day to day, your role may involve:
- Reacting to MHE breakdowns (both mechanical and electrical), locating the fault, analyzing the issue and completing the fix promptly to keep operation downtime to a minimum
- Keep accurate records such as work activities, tasks carried out, parts used through stores, etc.
- Perform assembly and sub-assembly repairs by following written work instructions, blueprints, and schematics
- Work closely with other departments to find ways to increase machine reliability on existing and new equipment, diagnose equipment breakdowns and action repairs ensuring the direction of labour and planned engineering activities fully support the operation
- Attend meetings as required, analyze data and find solutions to improve equipment performance while ensuring safe working practice and full communications are maintained at all times
- Work on projects within the business to develop an active engineering install and commissioning
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is completed to a safe standard
- Communicate in the English language with site teams and the UK periodically
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities; tasks and duties and are subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of five years of direct experience in the mechanical or electrical field
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Completed apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or Electrical field
- Working knowledge in communicating in the English language
- Strong electrical experience preferable within a FMCG environment
- Knowledge/experience of working with controls, analyzing faults and providing solutions
- Experience of both reactive and preventative maintenance
- Good technical ability relating to automation hardware and software
- Strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so you need to be comfortable working at heights
- Flexible to working a shift based pattern including nights and weekends
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
This position is located in Pointe-Claire, QC
What We Offer
- Paid Vacation and Sick days; Paid personal time per year and 10 public holidays.
- External Health Care includes coinsurance at 90%, prescriptions, Paramedical and other services.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Vision Care available; Dental Care 100% basic, 80% preventative
- Pension Plan; 100% match up to 6% of earnings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
Learn about our partnership with Sobeys:
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.