Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Central Product Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
The Project Engineer supports the build and commissioning of MHE products for our new build CFCs around the world. Working with 3rd party vendors, Product Specialists and other stakeholders across Platform Implementation, the Project Engineer is responsible for gathering, managing and disseminating programme information and project deliverables relating to MHE design, installation and commissioning.
What will you be doing?...
- Collate deliverables for 3rd party MHE across the entire portfolio of CFC projects
- Attend meetings with 3rd party vendors and provide feedback and status updates to Product Specialists
- Coordinate and feedback to CFC projects and programme managers
- Provide status reporting on 3rd party MHE risks and issues
- Coordinate the timely review, update and approval of user requirements (URs) for 3rd party MHE
- Project engineering/coordination - demonstrable experience & success
- Able to work with a significant degree of autonomy
- Field installation of products and / or systems
- Acceptance testing
- Excellent technical and practical competence relating to automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects and products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with both internal and external parties
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals
- Technical / engineering qualification in a relevant field
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……