Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
This role, Project Manager/Specialist Coordinator - North America, reports to the Principle Installation Excellence Manager - North America. This role currently has six direct reports. You will be a part of the Implementation team executing projects throughout NA. The Implementation team is responsible for on-site construction, contractor management, and implementation of all components, machines, and Automation Equipment systems for Ocado’s state of art Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs).
Your role in the team is to:
- Lead the execution of Special Projects in North America at existing CFC’s or as assigned.
- This role will be responsible to lead the training, deployment and oversight of Structural Grid Specialists, MHE Specialist and Controls Engineers supporting projects throughout NA. This role also has secondary support for Global Automation Engineers based in the US.
- This role will be responsible for learning all aspects of the Ocado MHE installation including automation equipment, maintenance area, waste conveyor, and connection conveyor in the Fulfillment Center (FC) to meet the agreed go-live date.
- Provide strategy to deploy training and instructions to contracted installation companies through a team of Specialists.
- Visit sites at the start of installation, or as needed, to assistant in resolve issues and at the start of commissioning.
- Be the key POC for Global Specialists to understand new technology, changes to existing equipment and/or changes to best practices.
- Capture lessons learned from team of specialists and feedback to Global Organization.
Lead the development of programs to execute the following:
- Be a key point of escalation for all automation equipment, chargers, and maintenance area related issues.
- Ensure prescribed testing and commissioning is undertaken and that all drawings/test certificates / as-builts are retained
- Keep up to date metrics/progress reports (daily, weekly, and monthly) and contribute to lessons learned, process improvements and knowledge sharing to ensure Ocado/Contractor collaboration
- Participate in RFI processes, design queries, drive solutions and solve Ocado’s design-based and methodology-based problems on-site in a commercial and project benefitting manner
- Audit and test 3rd party Automation equipment
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, construction or Automation Equipment (MHE) industry
- Experience leading teams of Engineers and Technicians on-site and/or remotely
- Solid understanding of OSHA standards and processes is essential
- Will have commissioning experience on similar Automation systems
- Will have mechanical aptitude to perform basic mechanical checks
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- OSHA 10/30 Certification
- Experience working in a Matrix Organization.
- Experience working for a Global Organization.
- Competence of Lifting and Slinging Operations (includes contract lifts, banks man, and slinging)
- Ability to navigate common drawing packages (e.g., Autocad/E-plan)
- Ability to follow a Quality Plan
This position will be fully remote with travel to jobsite and internationally as required. Travel will be 50% typically, but up to 100% at peak.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.