Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
Who is Ocado Technology?
We're Ocado Technology. We design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We're also putting the world's retailers online, including Kroger, the largest supermarket chain in the US and Morrisons, the fastest growing online supermarket in the world.
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centers around the world.
What You Will Do:
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support for the user base and warehouses, primarily on site, but as part of a shift rotation model. Deliver first class customer service, focus on customer satisfaction, manage customer expectations and provide regular updates on tickets.
As our Technical Support Specialist, your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Providing technical services & support for the designated site
- Being responsible for the smooth operation of technology devices within the warehouse such as pick stations, scanners, computing devices, CCTV, WAP and more
- Delivering first class customer service
- Focusing on customer satisfaction
- Working at height
- Ticket logging and completion
- Stakeholder management
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- B.A. degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences from an accredited college or university
- At least 4 years of proven previous experience in a technical support capacity
- Additional experience along with a related certification or Associates Degree will be considered in lieu of a B.A. degree
- A good understanding of network infrastructures
- Strong customer service
- Proven ability to engage effectively with stakeholders to ensure an effective service which promotes the team
- Strong team player, ensuring the team is sharing knowledge and operating effectively
- Proven ability to engage effectively in major incident management with the business
- Proven ability to engage effectively with other technical teams to ensure a speedy resolution to issues
- Strong written and verbal communications, being comfortable liaising with various levels of stakeholder
- Competent with creating, maintaining and distributing documentation, including reporting
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, MAC OS X, Android, iOS, technical hardware
- Microsoft certification or equivalent (i.e. MCITP, ITIL, etc.) desired, but not required
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and assisting other members of the team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, crouch, crawl and carry up to 50lbs
- Comfortable working at height
This position is located at our fulfillment center in Groveland, FL.
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver, we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.