At Ocado Solutions we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world, redefining the customer grocery experience through the adoption of a centralised, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
About the role:
This role will involve providing first line support to the Operation through monitoring the activities and efficiency of the Grid. The Grid Support Team are responsible for dealing with all initial investigations and problem resolution for both the bots on the grid, and systemic issues which impact on the efficient running of the Grid - which could have a negative impact on the CFC`s ability to meet its KPI targets. This is a hands on role and therefore you will need to adopt a versatile and flexible approach to work as the site evolves.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Investigate any stoppage on the grid which pauses the Operation and see through to resolution, including escalating to off-site support and remotely connecting to the bots.
- Monitor bot performance and appropriately escalate problems to Engineering Operations for inspection.
- Monitor the status of both the bots and the physical grid – investigating locked grid cells, charging ports and general bot health.
- Communicate across multiple departments to ensure the right equipment is being used to maximise operational efficiency, and assist with the planning of bot recovery windows.
- Coordinate bot software roll outs to keep the most up to date software running across the bot fleet.
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Possess excellent computer skills and be PC literate
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Flexible approach to working hours and shifts
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other internal teams
- Ideally have experience working in a FMCG production, automated warehouse or distribution centre environment
Shift: Our Engineering Team work 12 hour shifts working an average of 42 hours per week, where you will be required to work weekdays and weekends both days and nights.
Salary: We are currently offering a competitive salary for this position paying up to £20,000 per annum.
We are currently looking to recruit a Grid Support team member to join our Engineering team at Ocado's Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Erith, Kent.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme