“Ocado Technology, powering the future through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
What does the team do?
Collaborate on ground-breaking technologies at the most disruptive, cutting-edge of Ocado’s business. We’re building a new advanced prototyping team, in an exciting lab space right in the heart of Stockholm.
Ocado Technology disrupted retail by making online grocery scalable, sustainable, and profitable. Having made the impossible possible, we’re now exploring innovative applications of our technologies to disrupt new industries. This new team will design and build systems to enable more efficient systems. That means everything from devices to enhance our state-of-the-art robotic facilities, to environment and crop handling in vertical farms.
The successful candidate will embrace the opportunity to work in a collaborative research environment, knowing their ideas are valued and that their work will see real products put into production environments.
What would I be doing?
As part of Ocado’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer, testing technician of the advanced prototyping team should be comfortable working in a number of different roles:
- as a technician running testing of prototypes, materials and systems;
- as a service technician replacing hardware and updating software;
- as a designer, updating and tweaking systems for testing;
- as an inventor, being part of the creative process that drives new concepts and innovations;
The role will cover a wide variety of tasks and regular interactions with other members of the team. In particular, collaboration with the advanced prototyping team to improve existing prototyping pipelines and design new methods to increase quality . As such the desire to acquire new skills and interest in emergent technologies are key. Good communication skills are essential, as is attention to detail and ability to reason about and verify results.
What are we looking for?
We see the following as ‘must haves’:
- Good knowledge of testing techniques, both in hardware and software
- Knowledge of mechatronics
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly and servicing
- Excellent communication skills and service oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Having these will make you stand out from the crowd:
- Background in CAD
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of traditional manufacturing techniques such as laser cutting, water jet, mill or lathe (CNC or manual) etc.
- Background in design for manufacturing
- Background in lean or just in time manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of mechatronics or mechanical design
- Background in assembly lines
- Basic electrical or electronics experience
This is not a set-in-stone requirements list. We recognise the manufacturing industry is filled with smart people from many different backgrounds. If you enjoy being part of a team and if you like: learning fast (through experimentation, self-motivation etc); being autonomous but able to collaborate (sharing knowledge is important to us); craftsmanship and innovation (we never stop questioning how we can be better), then we look forward to hearing from you.
What do we offer you?
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, and a competitive salary.
We operate out of a modern office in Stockholm.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Ocado is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.