Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
The Ocado Program Management Team leads the end to end delivery of our industry-leading Ocado Smart Platform around the world including fulfilment centers and grocery technology. Project Managers play a crucial role within the team - having the overall accountability for delivering individual projects on time, to specification and on budget.
Comprehensive project management skills sit alongside the ability to engage a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders as the key success levers for the role. The role involves working as part of a dynamic internal team, and side by side with our partner businesses across the globe to ensure that projects are delivered to plan.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, driven individual with comprehensive project management skills and a natural ability to steer, influence, communicate across different levels and negotiate critical project issues. The budgets, scale and scope of the projects are significant, but the degree of ownership, responsibility and chance to develop make this role a potentially career-defining role for the right candidate.
Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Overall accountability for successfully delivering major change or capital projects. These may include the deployment of new technology into a retail environment, the introduction of new operating models or delivering a Fulfilment Center (FC).
- Ensure these projects are delivered on time, to specification and on budget
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholder teams
- Form fantastic working relationships and build strong on-going partnerships with key teams to ensure alignment across the project and to ensure that deadlines are met
- Collaborate side by side with teams in the UK and Europe to ensure wider program alignment, project continuity and delivery synergies
- Drive the project by responding proactively to breaking issues, competing priorities and key dependencies to ensure that the right decisions are taken swiftly
- Inspire confidence across the project with timely, professional communications to all levels of the business
- Deliver status reporting, risk management and associated “best in class” project management documentation and administration
- Proactively contribute to the development of best practices
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years minimum in managing complex projects or organizational change programs. Ideally this would be in the grocery, retail, operations, consultancy or e-commerce sectors.
- Bachelor degree required (BSc preferred).
- World-class collaborators with experience working across complex organizations and with internal and external partners
- Candidates with great people skills, with the ability and experience to motivate and influence teams and deliver through others
- Nurturers of energetic, winning cultures within projects
- Driven, self-motivated individuals, able to be resilient, dynamic and deliver under pressure
- Seasoned, experienced project and program leaders
- Candidates with experience of managing significant ($10m+) budgets
- Candidates able to travel (50%+ of the time to their assigned project) with a proven ability to manage international projects across multiple time zones and flexibility to work remotely and with teams in other time zones
This position will be remote with approximately 50% travel.
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.