This position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer and technology business. Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale.
As Global Ledgers Project Accountant you would be an integral member of a team responsible for a high-profile project to enable Ocado to do business in multiple countries for the first time. This includes, but is not limited to, improving and documenting end-to-end processes in the areas for international procurement, financial operations, projects, fixed assets, intercompany and tax, implementation of Oracle R12 global ledgers, leading communications with various stakeholders within Finance and the wider business, and providing deliverables and liaising with the Group’s auditors.
This is a hands-on role and an excellent opportunity for a driven finance professional with plenty of scope to add value, implement policies and procedures reporting to the Global Ledgers Senior Finance Manager.
This role may also include providing support to the Group Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for contributing to the delivery of multiple ledger go-lives within a short-term frame in line with scope
- Manage relationships and make regular communications to a wide range of stakeholders within Finance and the wider business
- Improving and assisting in documenting end-to-end processes
- Conducting activities (e.g. manual journals, recharges) in line with newly adopted processes in an interim period while training the relevant Finance teams to perform these activities as part of their business-as-usual activities
- Assisting in data migration projects
- Working with other Finance teams and wider business to understand their requirements and existing processes to identify necessary changes / improvements
- Assisting in the review, maintenance and enhancement of the financial control environment of each entity.
- 2+ years PQE (preferably ACA / ACCA)
- Proven experience of delivering as part of high profile project teams
- Experience of Oracle ERP systems (e.g. R12, Fusion)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience with large data files
- Competent Microsoft Word user
- Experience of data migration
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……