Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The PMO stream sits within the Project Office & Design Solutions department, and is responsible for developing and implementing best practice PMO, providing support and control across PI projects.
We are looking for a PMO Lead (Project Office Delivery and Governance) to join this growing team, to take accountability for providing specialist programme and project delivery expertise to projects both in the UK and internationally. As the department and number of projects continue to grow at a rapid rate, this role is vital in ensuring ownership of the governance framework, leadership of the governance process and realisation of a structured approach to project delivery, ensuring synergies and efficiencies where possible.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but some UK/international travel may be required.
What will you be doing?
- Owning the governance framework for the Programme, working to update and manage the framework
- Leading the governance process for forums, i.e. Project Board, Programme Board and Executive Committee. This will include managing, reviewing and challenging where necessary, to ensure that materials are developed in the right timelines, to the desired level of quality
- Working closely with the programme team to solve challenges on both timing and quality of materials, coaching the team and coming to a collaborative solution
- Enforcing a structured approach to project delivery within the team to realise synergies and efficiencies where possible
- Maintaining multiple programme views for different audiences
- Acting as a point of contact for all streams and stakeholders for the project programme
- Compiling monthly programme status report for programme governance meetings
- Supporting and driving RAID management processes (will support RAID manager as needed)
- Maintaining and reporting on a 6 week look ahead and understanding critical path analysis
- Regular project analysis, data and portfolio reporting
- Experience in working in a project management role and office, including relevant qualifications (i.e. APMP Level D, Prince II)
- Experience of working in a PMO, central planning function or governance function
- Experienced in all stages of the project lifecycle, e.g. planning, requirements gathering, design documentation, testing and rollout
- Experience of working within large scale technology transformation programmes
- Expertise in using defined programme and project delivery processes consistently over time
- Experience working with project and programme managers, and negotiating changes with 3rd party suppliers
- Extensive experience within a fast paced highly pressurised office environment
- Excellent numeric, Excel skills and communication skills
- A proactive, innovative, self-motivated and results-driven individual with a problem solving nature
- Effective relationship building skills at all levels
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure, and respond well to changing priorities
- Confidence to challenge potential programme delays
- Flexible approach to travel & site visits
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…