Finance Specialist / Specjalista ds. Finansów
Reports to: Financial Operations Controller
Job Summary Team Structure
The Finance Specialist will support all Poland operations with regard to the Finance operations and will be based in Krakow offices The successful candidate will be the "go to specialist" with a sleeve rolled up attitude and high operational standards preferably from high-tech organisations. The successful candidate has a good work ethic and a professional attitude. The desired quality of prospective employees is a lean mindset with continuous improvement orientation. Finance team is placed in two locations: Krakow and Wroclaw. There are two roles in each of the locations: Financial Operational Controller (FOC) and Finance Specialist (FS) where FS reports to FOC
The Finance Specialist will maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders:
- Overseas Finance Business Partner
- OT UK Finance Team
- OT Group Finance Team
- Internal and external auditors
- External Accounting Office
- Process invoices, expenses and settlements in an accurate and timely manner and ensure compliance with appropriate standards
- Checking the correctness of business travel settlements
- Monitoring the transactional data & eliminating potential finance errors
- Maintaining of Invoice Register
- Accruals calculation
- Provide regular and ad hoc financial reports and informations
- Provide support on period end, year end, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Calculation of cost-plus margin monthly recharge invoice
- Cash-flow report preparation
- Prepare Payments and support Payments Process
- Provide support to Departments Expenses
- Provide administrative support to Employees
- Ensures efficient and timely handling of ongoing internal financial matters
- Implement law/tax changes.
- Ongoing processes improvement
- Developing knowledge of different Finance requirements, applying legal regulations Cooperate with external accounting services provider on a daily basis
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Fluent in English and Polish
- University Degree in Finance
- 4 years of working experience in a similar role
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Understanding of financial and management accounting
- Experience of effectively managing invoicing process
- Strong analytical, calculations and mathematical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail under pressure & working with high volumes
- Being able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Being proactive in your approach to improving and providing effective and efficient support of all finance activities
- Being able to meet tight deadlines and the ability to understand complex procedures
- Customer-centric approach & focus on a positive experience for employees
- Able to motivate and set stretching and ambitious targets for themselves, ensuring excellent delivery
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience working with engineers or rooted in a high-tech company would be desired, but is not a must have
- Highly organizational skills with the
- natural ability to prioritise
- Ability to be proactive and take a
- problem-solving approach
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative thinker and able to develop new ideas/solutions
- Able to work under pressure
The Ocado Way
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
We are on a mission to transform online grocery retail and enable some of the world’s most forward-thinking retailers to do grocery online profitably, scalably and sustainably. Our founding vision was to use cutting-edge technology and automation to transform the online grocery space. There was no template for the solution we wanted to build. We developed the technology needed to move the industry to the next level from scratch.
Today, the Ocado Smart Platform is the world's most advanced end-to-end eCommerce, fulfilment and logistics platform.
This opportunity does not happen very often but here it is. Give it a read!
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.