“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
At Ocado Solutions and Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
So, you are passionate about great technology teams that delight customers as part of an awesome organisation. You know that to achieve this mythical place, teams must be innovative, motivated, highly productive and ready for fast change. You understand that chasing this is a never-ending journey of continuous improvement. You can bring knowledge and experience to growing teams and technologists.
What We're Looking For:
As a Major Incident Manager you will be responsible for driving the restoration of our Technology services. Delivering communication of incidents across our business and customers. You will be an ambassador for Incident Management and will identify and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the reputation of Ocado and Incident Management.
What You Will Be Doing:
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business and Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle.
- Acting as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures / systems.
- Providing consolidated production incident metrics to the Head of Technology Operations and Operations Centre Manager along with resolution rates.
- Develop and Maintain a Skills matrix around agreed Critical Systems for use in Incident Situations
- Be an Evangelist for the Incident Management Process
This role requires 24/7 shift pattern including weekends but does come with a shift allowance included in salary.
We're Interested In People With:
- Recent experience as an Incident Manager within an Enterprise scale environment demonstrating strong analytical fault finding, diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Previous exposure to ITSM toolsets with a clear understanding of how tools should be used to support incident management process activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- A self-starter with an organised and methodical approach to problem solving through attention to detail and a proven ability to build relationships with internal and external, technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- A fast learner with an inherent ability to understand complex technology solutions and communicate the impact of incidents in both IT and business terms.
- A hands-on individual who is not afraid to roll up sleeves and get into the detail with excellent analytical skills with a commitment to quality standards.
- Strong service attitude; the ability to develop and build lasting customer relationships.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.