At Ocado Technology we design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Beyond this, we are putting the world’s retailers online, including Morrisons (UK), Kroger (USA), Casino (France), Sobeys (Canada) and ICA (Sweden). We provide an entire platform from mobile apps, website, fulfilment (automated warehouses, store pick solutions), back-office systems to delivery solutions, all crafted by our passionate team of software engineers.
Our team is called “Perception Robotics”. We are C++, Java, Python and Go professionals working on bringing cutting-edge research in the areas of robotics, vision systems, and machine learning, to production. Current projects include a robotic pick-and-pack solution and a contamination detection system. We are product-focused and have full ownership of what we build.
We are now looking for Go Software Engineer to join our team.
Responsibilities within the team:
- Develop new software components, and extend and improve existing ones
- Integrate features from the research teams
- Implement new features in existing components
- Architecture rework and implementation
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in writing unit, integration, and system tests
- Possibly working with hardware
- Bring the platform to an easy supportable by non-developers state
Experience and knowledge you need to have:
- Professional experience in Go
- Experienced in writing tests and doing code reviews
- Fast Learner
- Highly Collaborative
- Git, Gitlab CI/CD
- Familiar with Linux
What we offer:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
If you are interested to explore Ocado, don't hesitate to join one of our Tech events and meet our colleagues to share more for their personal experience, working at Ocado.