Leading the Oracle Financials Support team managing a team of 5 reports. This role will support the transition from Oracle R12 to Oracle Fusion, whilst supporting the functional activities within the Oracle business suite and embedding a culture of continuous improvement within the finance systems team
What you will be doing?
- Support the configuration of the Oracle system, including application design, build, test and support
- Support and enhance the Business Suite modules, interfaces and other related applications
- Escalate all technical issues to the Technical Systems team while managing stakeholders, and owning the communication with Ocado Retail Ltd
- Co-ordinate user change requests projects and work with the Project Manager – Finance Systems to produce a development roadmap. Execute these projects successfully
- Provide regular updates on project status to the finance leadership team.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Ocado finance system environment.
- To manage a team delivering a pipeline of continuous improvement across Financial, Procurement and Supply Chain in an Oracle Release 12.1 environment
- Improve and or design processes around change management and release management
- Work closely with business partners and OFST (delivery) to help formalise and define the requirements gathering process
- Review existing reports and work closely with the team and business partners to create a report catalogue.
- Help establish the team as a centre of excellence and reliable advice regarding all things “Oracle”
- Work closely with the Helpdesk team to review incoming and existing “project” work
- Help create a prioritisation framework for the pipeline
- A strong working knowledge of Oracle R12 including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Tax, Fixed Assets
- Basic working knowledge of Oracle SQL
- Ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- In depth knowledge of both the Functional and Accounting aspect of GL, AP, AR, PO, Iproc, FA, Projects.
- Knowledge of data flows across the products listed above
- Understanding of the primary tables of the above products
- Ability to challenge, question, advise and influence regarding the deployment and configuration of the products above; both to the business but also within your team
- In depth knowledge of interfaces to and from Oracle
- Experience of managing and running teams remotely
- Understanding of delivery management relating to Oracle (ideally experience of AIM or UOM)
- Knowledge of Multiple ledgers and sub ledgers running in multiple geographies
- Ideally previous knowledge/experience of MRP and International Supply Chain
- Familiar with the various approaches to customisations and extensions within the R12 space.
- Ideally an understanding of project costing would be beneficial but not essential
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...