Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is our new modular and scalable hardware platform for building our highly automated warehouses, we call them Customer Fulfillment Centres (CFCs), the combination of these software and hardware platforms is what we call the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which we will use to put some of the largest bricks and mortar retailers around the world online using our disruptive business model.
The Solutions Architect will be the bridge between business and technology, and will be the primary point of contact managing technical relationships with OSP clients. You will provide personalised, proactive support and guidance, and will have the ability to articulate technical solutions and how they can solve client problems to all audiences, including non-technical.
The successful Solutions Architect will have experience in working with geographically separated teams.
Extensive travel to clients will be involved in this role in line with government restrictions.
- Technical support help on level 2 (or above) - direct support. Ensure the prompt and proper resolution of any technical challenges on the clients end.
- Help to integrate new features or products into client systems.
- Educate client on how to use product or answer difficult questions around integration design.
- Pre Sales Support – Demonstrating the technical elements of OSP to prospective partners
- Co Own the Partner solution design to ensure that the partner achieves the best implementation and use of the OSP
- Help partners resolve day-to-day challenges by delivering innovative and scalable solutions.
- Advocate new product features and assist clients in the adoption of new products via upgrades and migrations to help them build long-term success.
- Provide documentation and technical guidance to ensure the technical success of clients’ integrations.
- Improve product offerings by providing client feedback on features to Ocado product managers and engineers. Work with client on any inputs they have for technical roadmap.
- Perform implementation reviews, and analyze and optimize client's product mix to ensure their success.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Technical Background (Engineering or Computer Science preferable)
- Demonstrable creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills, combined with a strong sense of ownership and proactive can-do attitude.
- Data analysis and good data-driven decision-making skills.
- Basic understanding of retail operations to support the partners ability to get the best out of the OSP
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in technologies: Public Cloud/AWS, REST web services, API development, systems integration.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Track record and experience as a Solutions Architect within SaaS environment.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
- Hands-on experience in retail technologies and systems.
- Language Skills (Not essential) French, Spanish, German
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Income Protection
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 27
- 15% Ocado discount
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We will always aim to respond to everyone who applies for one of our roles. Sometimes though we have a lot of applicants and it takes us a little while to get back to everyone. If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks of your application, then you should take it that you have not been successful on this occasion and accept our apologies that we didn’t manage to get back to you personally.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.