Operational Systems Support Specialist
Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary, and industry-leading technology are set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
- Monitoring business systems operations
- Working within a team of on site systems support specialists during your shift, to ensure effective coverage of services by the team.
- Resolution, escalation and management of logged incidents
- Working within the health & safety policies laid out by the company
- Point of contact for client operational teams and a conduit into Engineering Ops and technology
- Identifying and raising system faults in appropriate systems
- Ensuring the timely pickup and response to incidents from assigned teams
- Managing system faults towards a timely resolution
- Analyze the performance of key on site assets
- Technical point of contact for onsite and off site teams
- Managing the ticketing progress for Technical support services
- Prioritizing bot recoveries and arranging recovery windows
- Investigate failed tasks and inaccessible stock and customer totes
- Communicating with relevant parties to ensure visibility and a fast resolution
- Resolving technical issues as part of the OSS team
- Highlighting and resolving pick support issues
- Working closely with engineering to resolve engineering issues and complete certain engineering tasks.
- Liaising closely with other technology teams within Ocado to achieve the desired outcome and be a point of contact for related queries
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in a technical support/incident management role
- Experience in hardware support
- Able to engage with the stakeholders at all levels to provide technical updates and engage with technical requests
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills
- A good understanding of computing configurations, ITIL, infrastructure and the OSI model
- Able to drive and progress a situation towards a timely resolution
- Able to engage effectively and efficiently with business staff at all levels, ensuring work is progressed in a timely fashion meeting business requirements
- Ability to follow and create documentation, processes and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English at all levels.
- Strong technical communication ability, analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Self starter
- Ability to learn and think quickly as well as being very hands on when required
- Ability to manage and resolve technical incidents in hardware, software and networking
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Confidence in delivering informative, well-organized presentations to senior management (desirable)
- ITIL qualification
- An aptitude for completing and learning simple engineering tasks
- Technical qualifications in areas such as Hardware, Software & Networking
- Fluency in English with a working knowledge of French
The schedule will begin as Monday-Friday 40 hours per week. The schedule will transition to a 12 hour rotating shift pattern, covering a day and night rotation with a 4 days on and 4 days off schedule.
This position is located in Pointe-Claire, QC.
What We Offer
- Paid Vacation and Sick days; Paid personal time per year and 10 public holidays.
- External Health Care includes coinsurance at 90%, prescriptions, Paramedical and other services.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Vision Care available; Dental Care 100% basic, 80% preventative
- Pension Plan; 100% match up to 6% of earnings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
Learn about our partnership with Sobeys:
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.