Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Client CFC Testing team, within the Client Readiness department, is responsible for ensuring that all OSP software and hardware within CFCs are appropriately tested, using a common set of testing tools and methodology to ensure uniformity across all global projects. This team is therefore vital in ensuring a seamless handover to our OSP clients.
We are now looking for a Business Analyst to join the team, to take responsibility for planning, managing and extracting business data to provide critical management information, enabling effective decision-making during client handover projects.
Please note, this role is based at our Head Office in Hatfield, supporting sites across the UK and internationally. Travel may be required as per project requirements.
What will you be doing?
- Extracting, manipulating and analysing data to provide critical management information in terms of reports or dashboards, to enable decision making on the key questions facing the Client Readiness team during client projects
- Drawing out pieces of analysis and providing concise and clear reporting suites to supply summaries to senior management, to improve quality within the department and steer on project performance and client delivered metrics
- Writing code via SQL or likewise to extract appropriate data from related databases and data stores
- Problem Solving - with our department and business growing rapidly, and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights will develop for you to tackle
- Working directly with internal and external stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with both external and internal teams to drive quality and efficiency
- Maintaining documentation by reviewing usability, applying version control, monitoring access rights and documentation storage
- Supporting stakeholders during escalation of issues with documentation/reporting tools developed
- Constantly striving to increase excellence by reviewing documentation, reporting and standards
- Previous positions in producing, maintaining and developing reports from multiple sources
- Demonstrable methodical and structured train of thought
- Able to produce reports and dashboards utilising data from APIs
- Data visualisation experience (Tableau or Google DataStudio)
- Accomplished analyst with SQL experience working with Big Data
- Excellent numerical skills and proficient in Excel
- Problem solving nature
- Strong attention to detail
- A*-C GCSE (or Equivalent) in English & Maths
- Numerate or Technical Degree (2:2 and above), with Mathematics A Level (or equivalent) Grade B or above
- Analytical or related qualification
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…