Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
The Ocado New Customer Fulfillment Center Implementation Team leads the end to end delivery of our industry-leading fulfilment centers (FCs) around the world. Our Project Managers, Construction play a crucial role within the team - having the overall accountability for delivering individual FCs on time, to specification and budget.
The role involves working as part of a dynamic internal team, and side by side with our partner businesses across the globe to ensure that FCs are delivered to plan. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, driven individual with comprehensive project management skills and a natural ability to steer, influence, communicate across different levels and negotiate critical project issues. The budgets, scale, and scope of the projects are significant, but the degree of ownership, responsibility, and chance to develop make this position a career-defining role for the right candidate.
Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Overall accountability for successfully delivering an Ocado/Kroger Fulfilment Centre (FC)
- Manage a $100m project to ensure the FC is delivered on time, to specification and on budget
- Lead and collaborate with internal and external stakeholder teams throughout the building of the FC
- Form fantastic working relationships and build strong on-going partnerships with key teams to ensure alignment across the project and to ensure that deadlines are met
- Collaborate side by side with Implementation Manager counterparts in the UK to ensure wider program alignment, project continuity and delivery synergies
- Drive the project by responding proactively to breaking issues, competing priorities and key dependencies to ensure that the right decisions are taken swiftly
- Inspire confidence across the FC project with timely and professional communications to all levels of the business
- Deliver status reporting, risk management and associated “best in class” project management documentation and administration
- Proactively contribute to the development of best practice for our FC delivery methodology
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- 7+ years minimum in managing complex projects or organizational change programs; ideally this would be in the engineering, construction, logistics or e-commerce sectors
- Bachelors degree required
- World-class collaborator with experience working across complex organizations, along with internal and external partners
- Must possess strong people skills, with the ability and experience to motivate and influence teams and deliver through others
- strong skills as a nurturer of energetic and winning cultures within projects
- Must be a driven, self-motivated individual, able to be resilient, dynamic and deliver under pressure
- Must have seasoned, experience working with project and program leaders
- Experience managing significant ($10m+) budgets
- Must be able to travel (80%+ of the time to your specific FC) with a proven ability to manage projects across multiple time zones and flexibility to work remotely and with teams in other time zones.
The role will require significant travel to our various Fulfillment Center sites across the United States. The expectation is 80% travel.
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.