“We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centre across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
The Enterprise Applications team are focused on providing business applications and services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
We recently implemented Workday as our HRIS and whilst lots of work has been completed to ensure the system is integrated with our business, you’ll understand that the work is ongoing! Our team is working on projects, integrations and new features as our business moves forward so that we can ensure we utilise all features to the best of our ability.
What would I be doing?
We’re looking for a Workday Team Manager to lead, develop, drive, and oversee HRIS projects/integrations through execution including testing, data loads, etc. The successor of this role will also manage conversion of data onto HRIS. Other duties include:
- Ownership of Tier 3 support service desk and direct line management of team members
- Develop, maintain, and communicate best practice documentation
- Act as an escalation point for Workday Technical Team and work with executive stakeholders
- Triage, diagnose, and assign/resolve issues originating from end-users, business process events, etc.
- Maintain proper change management documentation to satisfy the company’s internal/external audit controls and compliance practices.
- Handle sensitive data with care and only when necessary; ensuring all necessary security measures are taken.
- Prepare for and support twice-annual upgrades and annual HCM processes (performance, compensation, open enrollment, etc
- Participate actively in the Workday Community, propose and advocate for improvements to the Workday solution, and build a network of peers to best-practice-share with
- Proactively monitor new features released by Workday and advocate for appropriate adoption plans
- Supports Systems team and project/delivery managers in the implementation of Systems roadmap initiatives by executing necessary project tasks and adhering to timelines and quality expectations. Acts as Technical Lead
- Provides insight and recommendations on best practices for people analytics and reporting tools and deliverables, configuration of Workday system and new HR tools and systems to meet identified business requirements.
- Estimates effort required for configuration, testing and support related to proposed enhancements or projects.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for someone who has extensive experience in working with Workday to lead our Workday team, we’re looking for someone with experience with systems operation & deep system knowledge.
- Proven experience/certification with Workday including HCM/Absence/Time Tracking/Comp
- Demonstrable knowledge of design, build, test and delivery of system developments and reporting (product lifecycle)
- Significant people management experience
- Knowledge of HR and Legal business processes and terminology
- Experience of the change management processes
This would make you stand out from the crowd:
- Experience in the Technology field and associated challenges
- Advanced Excel
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.