We are Shopping Platforms
Ocado Smart Platform is our game-changing solution, providing everything a retailer needs to offer a modern online grocery shopping experience. We believe our technology represents the future of ecommerce and we have made it our mission to change the way the world shops. We have signed deals with retailers all around the world to use our platform to provide their customers with the same great experience enjoyed by Ocado customers in the UK. Part of Morrisons' operation in the UK is already powered by OSP, as well as Bon Preu in Spain, Casino in France and Sobeys in Canada.
We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our team.
Role & responsibilities
You’ll join one of our cross-platform mobile teams and participate in the development of the backend services that support our native Android and iOS apps. You’ll collaborate with product owners and UX designers to deliver high-quality features that will expand and grow the online presence of several international retailers. You’ll be given autonomy to try out new technologies and techniques that support our business and long term goals. You’ll be encouraged to share your solutions and findings with a wide audience inside and outside Ocado.
- Experience with Java, or similar object oriented programming languages;
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs;
- An understanding of automated testing;
- Familiarity with continuous delivery concepts;
- Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team;
- A desire to learn from others in order to improve your breadth and depth of knowledge;
- A wish to continuously iterate on features and create the best experience possible across all mobile platforms.
- Experience working with AWS;
- Worked with microservices architectures;
- Worked in an agile environment;
- Experience with maintaining, or contributing to, open-source projects;
- A test-driven approach to development;
- Devised clever automations which save time and effort;
- Created resilient and reliable services capable of handling high volumes of traffic;
- An interest in Android and iOS app development.
We can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the 22@ district. We are currently right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona.
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.