Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Product Engineering team who are responsible for the application, configuration and ongoing life support of our solutions used to power our automated CFCs. They are the engineering experts providing centralised specialist knowledge to multiple teams within Ocado.
This team is now looking for a Outsourced Automation Systems Manager. This is a cross functional role to provide joined up technical, commercial and strategic leadership for the global scale, sourcing and deployment of third party solutions used in our warehouses. This role has no direct reports, but the individual is expected to have considerable influence across teams to ensure cohesive strategy.
What will you be doing?...
- Cohesive risk identification and mitigation, anticipating engineering challenges and opportunities across products and projects at a portfolio level
- Conduct regular strategic reviews of the direction of third party systems and the ways of working to ensure it is appropriate and aligned prevailing business needs and climate
- Define and manage appropriate KPI’s & metrics
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key customers and collaborators
- Enabling and subsequently resolving an escalation route for cross functional and portfolio issues relating to third party systems
- Ensure full adherence by self and others to change control processes
- Ensure we have the right cross functional processes in place to deliver third party systems
- Manage and balance the priorities of third party systems work, ensuring that individual projects do not cause detriment to another
- Provide consolidated reporting (including risks and issues) for management of third party systems
- Work alongside commercial / business managers to ensure appropriate business cases are made, budgets created and approved and business priorities are met
- Extensive related industry experience
- Comfortable and experienced in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Communication in a variety of forms to people at all levels, especially communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Define and establish management process
- Excellent technical competence and understanding relating to both automation and general engineering
- Experience of projects in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
- Managing and operating in matrix organisations
- End to end Project Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- Technical / Engineering qualification in a relevant field
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Experienced with managing remote teams
- Familiarisation with CAD CAE packages
- International working experience
- Sales or applications engineering
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……